Sydney Dog Lovers Show

huski

I've never been, just deciding wether its worth driving to the horden which i hate and trying to park to walk around a loner :laugh:

I'm not into dog sports or anything, so not sure for the average joe there is much? I know BT rescue has a stand there so thats one thing. Is the dumb farmer there? :)

I've never been, just deciding wether its worth driving to the horden which i hate and trying to park to walk around a loner :laugh:

I'm not into dog sports or anything, so not sure for the average joe there is much? I know BT rescue has a stand there so thats one thing. Is the dumb farmer there? :)

If I go, which would be tomorrow, you're welcome to come be a loner with me. Also an average jo.

Juice there wasn't that much in terms of dogs sports... A few breed stalls, quite a few rescue groups but the majority was retailers / manufacturers spruiking their wares.

I thought paying $25 for talking to salespeople and coming home with a few sample bags of dog food was an odd experience...

wasnt many freebies at the Melbourne one this year, but one main chain pet stall did 50% off all stock there at the end on sunday. best time is had being in one of the breed stalls, even if joe public do ask if a labrador retriever is a new breed of a lab x golden retreiver.

Today was crazily flat out for us. I think it's a way better event than last year, better entertainment and some good mix of stands. I have paid to go to pet expos many times and I always enjoy it. From a dog sport competitor view there isn't a whole lot to gain in terms of the demos (we see that at trials and bite work by the NSW dog unit isnt thrilling when you train it on a regular basis) and the info sessions aren't of a lot of use to super dog savvy people. The atmosphere is great though and the average pet owner seems to get a lot out of it and seem very happy they are there.

Edited by huski

I went with my sisters and niece. Niece is now in love with Soft Coated Wheaten. My sisters thought there'd be more freebies but I did ok just by talking to the stall holders for a while. The U.S. Canidae gents were very charming! Awkwardly avoided Dr B BARF because we're Big Dog people now. Mentioned to both BD and Canidae that their loyalty/rewards systems suck.

Dodged a couple of rescue stalls who I've had negative dealings with but met the lovely Sir Roger at Goldie Rescue and had a chat with Wendy about our problems with Stevie. Collected lots of brochures. Many of the dogs and stall holders were a bit over it by 3pm. Could have done the whole thing in just over an hour but family were a lot slower.

Did have a cuddle with the cutest pup ever. It was hanging at the Xolo stall but was definitely a Kelpie :)