Green Tripe Ion Western Aus

denali

Moondog does frozen chunks - it's not the cheapest, but as far as tripe goes this is good sh*t man :laugh:

https://guidetoorganics.com.au/listings/moondog-raw-food/

http://www.moondograwfood.com.au/#!blank/c1g0y

eta - probably worth joining this group too if they are on facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/RAWfedPerthWA/

Edited by CrazyCresties

I don't bother with it anymore :-)

Recent thinking from raw feeding extremists is that your are better off spending the money on a hunk of beef etc as far as nutritional value goes. The same thinking argues that the probiotics found in RGT are from herbivores and won't really survive the dogs GI track??? Dunno how accurate this is though ???

They go on to say that it became very popular in days gone by because it was so cheap or free and dogs love it... now it is not longer cheap it makes the decision to buy it more questionable. Having said that - dogs do bloody love it and it is definitely not bad in moderation :D

If I could buy it fresh then I would be more inclined to purchase it, as most is sold frozen in Kg bags and I don't want to feed all in a couple of days or refreeze. The K9 Naturals stuff is in pellets so it is easy to just take out some at around $13kg

I regularly see tripe in the section of fridges for dogs stuff at the spud shed in innaloo.

Mim, that is not green tripe, but bleached tripe which has next to no nutritional value. Apparently it is against health regulations for green tripe to be sold where meat for human consumption is sold :cry: .

Does anyone know of anywhere NOR Perth that sells k9 Naturals frozen green tripe please? I only ever see the freeze dried one in places like City Farmers.

I regularly see tripe in the section of fridges for dogs stuff at the spud shed in innaloo.

Mim, that is not green tripe, but bleached tripe which has next to no nutritional value. Apparently it is against health regulations for green tripe to be sold where meat for human consumption is sold :cry: .

Does anyone know of anywhere NOR Perth that sells k9 Naturals frozen green tripe please? I only ever see the freeze dried one in places like City Farmers.

Oh woops. I don't feed it so wasn't aware.

I just found that The Pet Chef, in Midland, sells Beef Tripe (Green)

Thanks Raffikki, I had seen that the Pet Chef has it listed on their site (although more often than not it is listed as "unavailable"..... ). But I would have to buy a fair bit to get it delivered and don't know how my IBD dog will tolerate it yet. I might try and get to Petbarn and try one pack first.