Alapaha Blue Blood Bulldogs

Ivory & Beau

There is someone breeding/selling blue and Tri-colour Bulldogs, for $15k. When I asked if registered as don't think colour is in the standard, I never got an answer.

They used to breed Dogues I believe so are probably on here.

Not sure if same thing....can't seem to load the link.

Edited by Tibbie_tabbie

This pretty much sums it up...

http://webs.dogs.net.au/bbcnsw/uploads/documents/Buyers_Beware_with_photos.pdf.pdf

These Non Standard Coloured dogs should be no more expensive than a correct coloured Bulldog, as that

is what they are, a British Bulldog, no more and no less, being sold for the Dollar to ill informed buyers.

Unfortunately the latest breed to be hit with the blue 'fad'. I've also seen 'purple' ones being sold for $15k :eek::mad

http://webs.dogs.net.au/bbcnsw/uploads/documents/Buyers_Beware_with_photos.pdf.pdf

These Non Standard Coloured dogs should be no more expensive than a correct coloured Bulldog, as that

is what they are, a British Bulldog, no more and no less, being sold for the Dollar to ill informed buyers.

Unfortunately the latest breed to be hit with the blue 'fad'. I've also seen 'purple' ones being sold for $15k :eek::mad

Gonna get me some chalk and make a green one....

Gonna get me some chalk and make a green one....

I've got a pack of hair chalk, I'll go you halves in the profit ;) we could make the elusive super rare rainbow dog

There is someone breeding/selling blue and Tri-colour Bulldogs, for $15k. When I asked if registered as don't think colour is in the standard, I never got an answer.

They used to breed Dogues I believe so are probably on here.

Not sure if same thing....can't seem to load the link.

I think there was someone in Aus breeding/selling lilac british bulldogs for around that much? Maybe more.

Never heard of them before!

The seller quoted them to have the only two in Australia ...

Then I'd be wanting to see their import papers. It's a USA developed dog but to be best of my knowledge, it's not AKC or UKC recognised. They do have their own breed club.

They may be something like the Johnson bulldog. They're supposed to be similar to what original British bulldog were when they were still an athletic fighting dog. I've seen johnsons come up in rescue, not a dog for those who don't want to do a lot of training.

Interesting but not a bad policy. I'm a bulldog fan so I think they're pretty good looking. If you cast around the Internet you can find pictures of Bulldogs before they were bred to be what they are now and they're quite similar.

They're not my type of dog at all, but those pictured and described do seem to be closer to the original breed and less exaggerated to my very untrained eye. But yes, an interesting policy, but one which would help people make more educated choices.