New "dibs" Dog Food With Fish Oil & Turmeric

I'm addi g Tumeric ("Golden paste") to scotties meals & finding it ia no extra work. If you're interested in the benefits of tumeric id recommend G.P.

Where do you buy your turmeric from? I've been looking into making some GP for ours, particularly the old guys and my girl with seizures. I'm just not sure of the cheapest place to source the turmeric from.

i get mine off ebay, the brand is Spice Arena and the seller rosa_herbs_spices, they may be out at the moment but you can find similar

edited to add that this store seems to have gone, and there are many unhappy ebayers

http://feedback.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=rosa_herbs_spices&iid=-1&de=off&items=25&which=negative&interval=365&_trkparms=negative_365

Edited by Boronia

I'm addi g Tumeric ("Golden paste") to scotties meals & finding it ia no extra work. If you're interested in the benefits of tumeric id recommend G.P.

Where do you buy your turmeric from? I've been looking into making some GP for ours, particularly the old guys and my girl with seizures. I'm just not sure of the cheapest place to source the turmeric from.

I bought mine from augustine approved, but many people buy it online from country park herbs - its a horse herb store mainly :)

Delta Charlie, I buy my Turmeric for my Golden Paste from Country Park Herbs online. 2 kg for around $40. Great quality & excellent service. They are in Bungendore. I buy Banabarn cold press Coconut oil from QLD on E.bay. 3 litres for $53.

This will last me ages. Works out costing next to nothing & very easy to make. My 2 have been on it now about 6 months now & have never looked or moved better. Especially huge difference in Sonny who suffers Arthritis in his hips. He is back to his boncey self again. I've been able to drop RHV I was giving them so its saving me $$$ too. Hope I was able to be of help ????

Edited by BC Crazy

Snoopy I wouldn't touch it unless you can get a comprehensive list of ingredients. Sorry to sound like a cynic but if the manufacturers run true to form its probably not got terribly high quality ingredients - if it did they would price themselves out of the market. Having said that I'm very happy to be proved wrong!smile.gif

Please could someone give me a lesson in how to make Golden Paste, how much to use and dosage?

I've pricked my ears up that its thought to help dogs with seizures and arthritis - and thats Mac and my other two seem to becoming a bit stiff and I need to do something - but I'm not sure what. The anti-convulsants are OK but they do make him wobblier for a couple of hours after dosing. Thanks all and sorry for the thread highjack Snoopy but I think that food is a bit of a deadend for now. smile.gif

ETA: Does anyone know a source of good quality Tumeric in Adelaide? I'm going back to work next week so thought I might give it a go this weekend. TIA.smile.gif

Edited by westiemum

Westiemum, you need half cup Turmeric, 1 cup water, third cup cold press coconut oil & freshly ground black pepper, 1 & a half teaspoons.

Place turmeric & water in pot & gently heat until it's a thick paste, stir continously. ( dont let it boil) for 7 to 10 mins.

I keep more water at hand as I always seem to need to add a bit more. Then add your coconut & pepper. Stir through.

Let go cold & jar up. Lasts for 2 weeks or so in fridge. I make up a bigger lot & freeze it.

There is no dosage rules for this Westiemum. I started ar half a teaspoon, twice a day. Now we have 1 teaspoon. Mine are 19 & 24 kg though.

Id start with a quarter of a teaspoon for your littke guys perhapsBoth my guys love it.

They have never looked or moved better. Stella has Epilepsy, so I'm hoping it's going to help her. It's definitely benefiting Sonny. He is smiling

again. He is also running around like he hasn't got Arthritis. I'm thrilled. Hope you have some success too WM :)

Westiemum, you need half cup Turmeric, 1 cup water, third cup cold press coconut oil & freshly ground black pepper, 1 & a half teaspoons.

Place turmeric & water in pot & gently heat until it's a thick paste, stir continously. ( dont let it boil) for 7 to 10 mins.

I keep more water at hand as I always seem to need to add a bit more. Then add your coconut & pepper. Stir through.

Let go cold & jar up. Lasts for 2 weeks or so in fridge. I make up a bigger lot & freeze it.

There is no dosage rules for this Westiemum. I started ar half a teaspoon, twice a day. Now we have 1 teaspoon. Mine are 19 & 24 kg though.

Id start with a quarter of a teaspoon for your littke guys perhapsBoth my guys love it.

They have never looked or moved better. Stella has Epilepsy, so I'm hoping it's going to help her. It's definitely benefiting Sonny. He is smiling

again. He is also running around like he hasn't got Arthritis. I'm thrilled. Hope you have some success too WM :)

And a heaping tablespoon of ceylon cinnamon - otherwise your dogs might start to stink like cat pee - Scottie did!

No we don't have that problem Scottsmum. We have been on it 6 months or so now. No cat pee smelling dogs here thankfully ????

Westiemum, just be careful in your new kitchen with the Turmeric. We have white Caesar Stone bench tops & I'm very careful with the Turmeric as it is a bugger to get off. It stains very quickly.I wear disposable gloves too otherwise my french nails end up an lovely shade of yellow LOL

Edited by BC Crazy

No we don't have that problem Scottsmum. We have been on it 6 months or so now. Mo cat pee smelling dogs here thankfully ????

Westiemum, just be careful in your new kitchen with the Turmeric. We have white Caesar Stone bench tops & I'm very careful with the Turmeric as it is a bugger to get off. It stains very quickly.I wear disposable gloves too otherwise my french nails end up an lovely shade of yellow LOL

I actually meant for WestieMum -it's great you guys dont get it :)

We got the cat pee smell too, scottsmum. I am eagerly waiting for my ceylon cinnamon to arrive.

Out of three dogs, all pembrokes, one didn't develop the smell, one did quite strongly and the third...well sometimes I think I smell it and other times I'm not so sure so maybe he developed it mildly.