Action Photos

Kirislin

The YVWSRC just had our 4th fun day of the year. Although we started off in 2006 as, and are still in name, a whippet (social) racing club, word is getting out into the general dog owner population and amongst breed clubs, and we're seeing more and more different breeds attending. I think some show people are enjoying something different and possibly with a view to introducing their dogs to the lure in preparation for the newly recognised sport of Lure Coursing. What ever the reason, we are getting huge attendances and lots of interesting and exciting dogs coming along.

So yesterday we had Scottish Deerhounds, Borzois, Salukis, Afghans, a Great Dane, a Basset hound, Italian Greyhounds, Whippets (of course) Greyhounds, Nova Scotia Tolling Duck Retrievers, an aged Kelpie, and a few other mixes and probably some breeds I've forgotten.

The photos can be seen here. I've been with the club since the beginning and so far have never missed a meeting. This will be my 8th year as volunteer photographer and I still love doing it. I never tire of watching dogs run.

Edited by Kirislin