Disappointed

persephone

that dog  had its tongue caught in some sort of soft plastic ball - a 'pimple ball' , which is NOT made by KONG. It was a horrible accident.:(

from SNOPES

On 26 August 2008, the toy's manufacturer placed a notice on its site advising that the toy in question was being recalled from the market and replaced with a redesigned version:

Four Paws is deeply concerned about reports of injuries suffered by some dogs as a result of a manufacturing defect in some of its Pimple Ball with Bell toys. In August 2008, we stopped shipping all potentially affected toys and implemented a recall directing all our distributors to have retailers remove them from their shelves and return them at Four Paws expense.

We have since redesigned both the toys and packaging to insure this defect will not occur again. Please be assured that the safety and well being of pets is and always will be Four Paws top priority.

Read more at http://www.snopes.com/critters/crusader/pimpleball.asp#AXtMRATLhrJwkDlE.99

The one I saw WAS made by KONG.

I believe the one being recalled is the kong-beast (fits in mouth) and this thread is about kong wobblers (big heavy things your dog knocks about)?

The shameful culprit that's thankfully being recalled and ?never made it to australia?

980x.jpg

The one we're trying to make harder (trying, newspaper success is now about 7 minutes to empty kong)

KongWobblerLifestyle3._SL285_.jpg

Personlly I try to stay away from any toys that can fit in her mouth or have breakable looking bits. no matter the brand :c poor pup

Edited by Thistle the dog

has anyone tried coconuts? I'm not sure I'd go unsupervised with one of these but potential to keep a dog entertained for hours...

I mean that pod thing that comes off a palm tree.

My terrier found a coconut floating in a tidal creek near us. It came complete with the fibrous outer coating which he had enormous fun ripping apart. I took it off him when he got down to the hard shell though, as I think it would break a tooth or cut his gum.

The raw coconut looked like these:

Coconut_wall.jpg

I knew some dogs growing up which loved tearing coconuts like that apart - but I grew up in Darwin and they just had the coconut tree growing in their backyard like most of us did...not sure where you'd get them outside of the tropics?