My Dogs Are All At Emergency

*kirty*

My dogs are all in hospital. Came home to find Pudding missing. Searched the backyard and found her unconscious and not beathing. Then realised Toby was staggering around like she was drunk. Got all the dogs and kids in the car and raced to the vet. All dogs made to vomit. Toby and Rupert vomited up bits of the chicken that PTS and buried on the weekend. Pudding intubated and on oxygen. Pia didn't eat any. Vet thinks it's severe food poisoning and the toxins are making them really sick. Rupert, Toby and Pudding staying in hospital on IV fluids. Pia allowed to come home. Toby and Rupert should be OK although Toby is also very sick. She can't stand up, can't get her balance, can't hold her head up properly. Rupert seems fine. Pudding is not looking good. We don't know how long she wasn't breathing. She may have brain damage from lack of oxygen. She is totally unresponsive but breathing on her on. She has been extubated and is maintaining O2 on her own. She has blink reflex but that's it. The vet said she could could recover but she may not. I feel like this is all just a bad dream. Pleas sends prayers or healing thoughts or whatever to my dogs. I am in shock and just can't believe this is happening.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh kirty, how terrifying for you and the family. I hope the news from here on is all good, and that everyone is home soon, safe and sound. Your quick response has given your dogs a good fighting chance. A hot shower and a cup of tea might help you get some sleep.

that is shocking and terrible. I cannot imagine what you're going through right now. I hope they can all recover. I'm thinking of you all. If the chicken was put to sleep by a vet could it be the drugs used that is poisoning them?

Edited by Kirislin

Oh my gosh. I am so sorry Kirty.

Everything here is crossed and sending healing vibes.

Hope the next update is a bit better.

that is shocking and terrible. I cannot imagine what you're going through right now. I hope they can all recover. I'm thinking of you all. If the chicken was put to sleep by a vet could it be the drugs used that is poisoning them?

That was my thought too frown.gif but possibly not.