Jump to content

My Dogs Are All At Emergency


Recommended Posts

This is terrible. Do you have compost that they can access in the yard? My dogs got into it a few years ago and all ended in emergency as well. Its horrible. Fingers crossed for you Kirt, and full recovery for the little onesy

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for your thoughts. I have just spoken to the poor vet who has been up all night with them. Rupert is fine, he can come home. Toby has improved a lot, she is standing up and alert and causing trouble tangling her drip line. She can come home hopefully later today. Pudding is improving very slowly. She can now move her feet a bit and lift her head a bit. She is still very out of it. She will be in hospital for at least another day or two. I am allowed to go and visit them at lunch time.

The vet is pretty confident that the issue is toxin from the rotten chicken, and not the lethabarb. He said the chicken dose of lethabarb divided by three dogs should be small enough to not be a problem. But I guess if Pudding ate the most, it may be affecting her more. We don't know how much she ate because we couldn't make her vomit.

Link to post
Share on other sites

you clutch at any good news in a situation like this. I'm so glad Rupert can come home and that Toby has improved. Hoping for the best for Pudding. Thanks for posting, I've been hovering over this thread waiting and hoping for some positive news.

Link to post
Share on other sites

How horrible for you Kirty. But this morning's news sounds more encouraging. Fingers and paws crossed for all of them .. Pudding especially.

Edited by Tassie
Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh gosh, how very scary for you all, fingers and paws crossed that they all pull through okay. :crossfingers: Is the mum who had the pups recently okay? (sorry, I can't remember her name)

Dogs do find the most disgusting things to eat don't they.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh gosh, how very scary for you all, fingers and paws crossed that they all pull through okay. :crossfingers: Is the mum who had the pups recently okay? (sorry, I can't remember her name)

Dogs do find the most disgusting things to eat don't they.

that's Jolie. I'm assuming she was safe inside with her babies since she wasn't mentioned. :crossfingers:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh gosh, how very scary for you all, fingers and paws crossed that they all pull through okay. :crossfingers: Is the mum who had the pups recently okay? (sorry, I can't remember her name)

Dogs do find the most disgusting things to eat don't they.

that's Jolie. I'm assuming she was safe inside with her babies since she wasn't mentioned. :crossfingers:

ah, that's it, thanks Kirislin.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...