Whippet Good!

• 2 months later...

Thought I would pop in and update on the little terror princess :laugh:

10 months old now, gone so quickly!

She's been a dream to train.

I'm very lucky that she has excellent recall, have firmly trained this into her from day one and it's paid off.

Tested it on a live prey chase the other day at the park when a rabbit ran out in front of her from the bushes and took off across the field, proud of her for listening to my commands and overriding her natural instincts of the chase.

I love her to bits and can't imagine life without her.

Anyway heres some random photos from her adventures recently..

22752831120_dd6f15d9d8.jpg

22940835105_c8003104c9.jpg

22522491507_ff4ffb1655.jpg

22319715033_135f26ab66.jpg

sounds like you've got yourself a very chilled out girl. If you're lucky enough to get this type they are the easiest most fun dogs to have because you can take them anywhere and they're never a bother. Not all whippets are like this though, but they're the ones everyone hopes to get. Lucky lucky YOU!! :thumbsup:

I had a pair, Kiri and Iris, about the same age but from different breeders. One was a pedigree and the other not even a full whippet, although she looked like one, I think she had a touch of greyhound in her. Anyway, I was alot younger then and much more active. I'd take them camping, go on horse riding adventures with them, everywhere I went, so did they. The only place I didn't take them was to work with me. I rarely had to put them on a lead, I never taught them the formal and most basic commands such as sit, stay, heel etc. I just didn't need to. I'd just say 'hang about whips' when I didn't want the to run away. When it was safe for them to go ahead I'd just say 'get going' and off they'd run. On the few occasions that I did have a lead on them, if I went into a shop I'd just drape their leads over their backs and tell them to wait outside, and they would!

None of my current whippets are like this. I could only dream of treating this lot like those 2 girls.

sounds like you've got yourself a very chilled out girl. If you're lucky enough to get this type they are the easiest most fun dogs to have because you can take them anywhere and they're never a bother. Not all whippets are like this though, but they're the ones everyone hopes to get. Lucky lucky YOU!! :thumbsup:

I had a pair, Kiri and Iris, about the same age but from different breeders. One was a pedigree and the other not even a full whippet, although she looked like one, I think she had a touch of greyhound in her. Anyway, I was alot younger then and much more active. I'd take them camping, go on horse riding adventures with them, everywhere I went, so did they. The only place I didn't take them was to work with me. I rarely had to put them on a lead, I never taught them the formal and most basic commands such as sit, stay, heel etc. I just didn't need to. I'd just say 'hang about whips' when I didn't want the to run away. When it was safe for them to go ahead I'd just say 'get going' and off they'd run. On the few occasions that I did have a lead on them, if I went into a shop I'd just drape their leads over their backs and tell them to wait outside, and they would!

None of my current whippets are like this. I could only dream of treating this lot like those 2 girls.

I'm super lucky and grateful that I've ended up with a girl like her.

She's so easy to live with. She comes most places with me and will just sleep next to me while I'm doing stuff.

I've definitely fallen in love with the breed.

You're two girls sounded beautiful too :love:

As for the signature, I can't remember how to do it :o :laugh:

Awww what a cutie!

I don't know much about whippets so maybe it's cause she's still growing, but she looks different to what I've seen? a longer neck and just...looks bigger? But maybe it's that gorgeous confidence she's got going on.

She's not a pedigree but she's pretty on par with my friends pedigree whippets in the size department. Both her parents were pure whippets, her dad on the bigger side. She has a little more growing to do but I would say she wouldn't get much bigger.

I think the photos make her look a little bigger and lankier than she is in the flesh :laugh:

Edited by MavericksMission