Pb Bullmastiff - Thor

We need to re-home our pure bred Bullmastiff "Thor". He's a fantastic and loving dog, but we live in an estate with a number of other dogs. Our house doesn't have a fence so to date we've used an electronic collar. This has on the whole worked well but for the third time Thor has escaped and again had a run-in with another dog.

I don't think I have an option now but to get rid of him. Obviously my preference is to re-home him and would be great if somewhere the kids could see him, but as long as it's to a good home it would be better than a trip to the vet.

Thor's 5 years old, de-sexed, about 50kgs.

We're in Kurrajong in Blue Mountains outside Richmond outside Sydney.

Photo of the boy attached. Sorry not the best quality.

post-36327-0-57082300-1440914459_thumb.jpg

Gorgeous big fella ♡

Surely there has to be a way around this if you truly want to keep him that is... build him an enclosure if you are unable to fence. Recycle places have loads of suitable cheap materials usually. Rehomming should only be your absolutely last option IMO.

Gorgeous big fella ♡

Surely there has to be a way around this if you truly want to keep him that is... build him an enclosure if you are unable to fence. Recycle places have loads of suitable cheap materials usually. Rehomming should only be your absolutely last option IMO.

Absolutely the last option!! Dogs like this are very hard to rehome due to size and cost.

You could either get a run or make a house yard (I'm presuming you are on some sort of acreage).

I just visited a 14 acre property to do a yard check and it was not possible to fence it all so they have fenced a sizeable house yard with wire and posts.

He needs to be kept secure for so many reasons and you love him so you are best to make it work - once you give him up he is at the mercy of other people and unfortunately, sometimes other people are not who we think they are and will dump the dog they took on promising to love and care for them like you, at the drop of a hat.

Edited by Her Majesty Dogmad

Hi Tony, my name is Eliza. I'm from the Bullmastiff Rescue, we are a national group aimed at pure-bred rescue that works with rescuing and rehoming of bullmastiffs. my email is [email protected] if you could get back to me asap that would be fantastic. I was also wondering if you knew who the breeder of Thor is.

Good on you, Eliza, for stepping up.

BTW 2 p/b bullmastiffs (on leads) walked into us as they came out of the vet's exam room, last week. Totally 'polite' to our 2 tibetan spaniels who picked up they were no threat. Calm, confident & biddable dogs.