Western Australian Thread

Simple

I searched for an active one but couldn't find one so starting a new one. I'll go first :) currently dog less. Family consist of 1 hubby, 1 daughter and our SAFE kitty Turner. Have to many horses to list. Live Northern WA but aiming to move down south and get into the dog world. Done agility and obedience training with my former English Bull Terriers.

I made the occasional appearance in the old thread and I am still here on and off now.

Currently down to 7 kids. Scoota, Chevy, Cider, Strauss, Naughty Nina, Minnow and Cozzi the Aussie. Obedience is our thing, but this year have come back out for a play in agility.

Simple - you have the Ballooning Championships on in Northam this week. I have seen photos - it looks spectacular.

Hi

We are in Bayswater, and now only have 2 dogs. Lizzie, the corgi/cream kelpie/lab/dingo/ferret cross, and Hobbes, our senior pit bull type dog. We did have three, but Lulu the fluffy and completely untrustworthy with kids maltese/shih Tzu cross shuffled off 3 months ago.

ricey

A heads up for people in WA. Kamal Fernandez is coming to Perth for the first time. I have done some on line courses with him. It doesn't matter what level you're at, from beginner through to trialling, this workshop will be brilliant and an opportunity not to be missed.

An Obedience workshop with Kamal Fernandez October 17th and 18th 2015

Kamal's training methods are widely recognized for producing dogs with exceptional attention, accuracy and enthusiasm for their work and we are lucky enough to have him here in WA.

LUNCH, MORNING AND AFTERNOON TEA PROVIDED

I can pass on details if anybody is interested.

Edited by Ptolomy

I'm not in WA... yet

we bought a house last month near Rockingham and it's being leased for 12 months so we're planning to make the move over when the lease expires :)

Can't wait to get back to Perth sunshine and beaches

• 4 months later...

question for any northerners. I swear I went to a beautiful dog beach around hillaries a few years ago. It was wide with flat sand. and the water was calm and quite shallow for a good 30-40 metres out. I went to try to find it again the other day, went to a dog beach just off Mullaloo or whitfords avenue, there was a guy with a coffee stand selling tennis balls and that. Beach was narrow and had dog poos bins about every 25 metres. Definitely not the one. Does anyone know the beach I mean?