Importing

Luv_Spitz

Information/advice from breeders who have imported would be appreciated.

In view of the length of time it takes from start to arrival of your dog and the fact that so many things could go wrong during that time I am considering what steps I should take to protect myself financially.

The person who I am considering to purchase from has advised no money will be refunded if, for example, the dog has an accident or fails any of the required tests. I am interested to know what agreements other importers have had in place to cover themselves financially in the case of something going wrong, and, if there is any insurance I should have in place - which companies will provide it?

Any help greatly appreciated. TIA

Definitely no money until all tests have been done and would suggest, like I did, payment in full to the breeder one week out from them exporting, direct bank transfer was done.

I personally would not deal with someone like that too risky considering how much it costs, if something did go wrong they would have your money you most probably would not get the dog and then they can go and sell locally, so double the money for the same dog for them.