Journo Tells Of How She Habitually Dumps Dogs

Powerlegs

I hope this goes viral and everyone knows never to let that rotten cow ever have another dog. How irresponsible to let her dogs go roaming to kill sheep, even after they'd already done it before. And what about the westie, who almost survived after she'd shelled out hundreds of $$ (pounds) on vets bills. Oh poor woman had to pay. What about the dead dog and the owners? I despise this woman.

The story has been all over Facebook. When I first saw the headline on FB I thought it was one of those trick heaadlines and it was going to turn out she fostered rescue puppies or assistance dogs but nope, she's just a selfish bitch :mad

She seems to be reasonably well known and controversial in the UK, she has also written about how she likes her son more than her daughters and how she's jealous that her daughters are more attractive than her.

I guarantee you that almost everyone in rescue for any length of time has met serial puppy owners exactly like this. Not cute, too hard to manage, its out with the old and in with the new.

I have met them. They are real. Not a hoax. Dogs are disposable items to them.icon_smile_mad.gif

Edited by RuralPug

What’s worse is that I dread to think of the kind of message all this has sent out to my long- suffering children. Just the other day, Dolly said to me: ‘If I’m naughty, Mummy, will you re-home me, too?’

This part is very sad...

T.

How so Sars?

Some of the comments are illogical and the language is so cliche.

For example: She gets rid of pups because she doesn't like cleaning up after them. The cleaning up is worse for a pup than an adult dog. (I have a pup here and the cleaning up is non-stop. Hopefully she will grow out of it SOON)

The daughter's reaction. What mother could make light of a broken-hearted daughter? If it was real I think she would leave that part out or even choose to forget it. She also mentions the dog looking at her accusingly as it is driven away. If it was real she wouldn't mention this or she would not read it this way. She would say the dog was delighted to leave.

Then she jumps to Juno shedding hair all over the sofa when the original beef was the dog escaping.

She kept her first dog for 10 years. Why the change?

Albus was aggressive. Why? Because she thought he had staffy in him?

The heartless way she talks about her dog attacking the elderly neighbour's westie. (There would have been legal repercussions). Then she rehomes same dog to a family with 2 cats and 5 children. No-one could be so irresponsible. The same for the dog that attacked livestock. The neighbours would have been screaming at her unless they were her own animals.

"If I'm naughty Mum will you rehome me too?" A child would not actually say this. It is just something that some adults say the child must be thinking.

cliche: doe-eyed little puppy, a dog is a man's best friend, etc

There is no originality. The 4 dogs misbehave in all the usually reported ways - being too messy, escaping, aggressive, digging, killing livestock, counter surfing, and none of them repeat the misdemeanors of the earlier dogs which you would expect.

An ad (video) for Dogs' Trust pops up on my screen saying that a dog is forever, not just for Christmas. I don't know why these ads pop up and whether everyone gets the same one, but it suggests to me that the article was sponsored by a dog rescue group.

A child may or may not say that but I can assure you, under some conditions, they sure would think it.

By the time I was six I came to realise that neither of my parents really loved me. One wanted me dead, the other was just not engaged.

Once the one that wanted me dead had left when I was nine, the next thing the other one did was take us for a drive to a 'posh area' and tip our Persian cat out of the car. And then drive to a nice paddock behind a factory and tip our pet rabbit out of the car.

By the time I was nine, among other things, I learnt I was not loved, and I learnt that pets are disposable, and how to dispose of them.

And I thought perhaps I might be next to be tipped out of the car.

Oh, no, wait.... That happened a couple of times too.

What's worse is that I dread to think of the kind of message all this has sent out to my long- suffering children. Just the other day, Dolly said to me: 'If I'm naughty, Mummy, will you re-home me, too?'

This part is very sad...

T.

Poor children !! The woman needs help fast and i think her going public about it is a cry for help.

What of her childrens father could he not step in and do something about her.

A child may or may not say that but I can assure you, under some conditions, they sure would think it.

By the time I was six I came to realise that neither of my parents really loved me. One wanted me dead, the other was just not engaged.

Once the one that wanted me dead had left when I was nine, the next thing the other one did was take us for a drive to a 'posh area' and tip our Persian cat out of the car. And then drive to a nice paddock behind a factory and tip our pet rabbit out of the car.

By the time I was nine, among other things, I learnt I was not loved, and I learnt that pets are disposable, and how to dispose of them.

And I thought perhaps I might be next to be tipped out of the car.

Oh, no, wait.... That happened a couple of times too.

My mother often said she was sending me away to a childrens home if i misbehaved.

Mum sent away two of my dogs; i came home from school grabbed the lead to take him for a walk and she told me

she had called the ranger to take him;i had to watch him being taken away.

Another she got my brother to take to the pound when i was on school camp because she dug her roses out.

Most of my dogs were given to me by my older brothers who got them from friends whose dog had pups.

One was dumped on my front lawn by a friends friend.

I also had a dog stolen from our yard when we were home inside.

Another was hit by a car when my brother left the gate open.

I didn't want to have dogs after all this as mum didn't like dogs and there was always the worry if they would be there when i came home.

Oh and the aviary full of my budgies she let loose after i had a minor argument with her.

Ahhh! too many bad memories;i feel sick now..

I hope it's not true about this woman.

Edited by Purdie

How so Sars?

Some of the comments are illogical and the language is so cliche.

For example: She gets rid of pups because she doesn't like cleaning up after them. The cleaning up is worse for a pup than an adult dog. (I have a pup here and the cleaning up is non-stop. Hopefully she will grow out of it SOON)

The daughter's reaction. What mother could make light of a broken-hearted daughter? If it was real I think she would leave that part out or even choose to forget it. She also mentions the dog looking at her accusingly as it is driven away. If it was real she wouldn't mention this or she would not read it this way. She would say the dog was delighted to leave.

Then she jumps to Juno shedding hair all over the sofa when the original beef was the dog escaping.

She kept her first dog for 10 years. Why the change?

Albus was aggressive. Why? Because she thought he had staffy in him?

The heartless way she talks about her dog attacking the elderly neighbour's westie. (There would have been legal repercussions). Then she rehomes same dog to a family with 2 cats and 5 children. No-one could be so irresponsible. The same for the dog that attacked livestock. The neighbours would have been screaming at her unless they were her own animals.

"If I'm naughty Mum will you rehome me too?" A child would not actually say this. It is just something that some adults say the child must be thinking.

cliche: doe-eyed little puppy, a dog is a man's best friend, etc

There is no originality. The 4 dogs misbehave in all the usually reported ways - being too messy, escaping, aggressive, digging, killing livestock, counter surfing, and none of them repeat the misdemeanors of the earlier dogs which you would expect.

An ad (video) for Dogs' Trust pops up on my screen saying that a dog is forever, not just for Christmas. I don't know why these ads pop up and whether everyone gets the same one, but it suggests to me that the article was sponsored by a dog rescue group.

Puppies might toilet inside but they tend not to maul sheep, jump fences or attack other dogs. "Mess" does not just mean chewed up papers or poo in the house.

Also, the Dogs Trust video was not a paid ad on the page, it was placed as a video there because it was relevant to the story.

This isn't a story about someone who just casually discards adult dogs because she's grown tired of them, these dogs have all had some serious behavioural issues (not that those issues excuse her dumping them). I don't know why some people feel the need to see conspiracy or trickery behind every corner. It was an article written by a woman about her experiences as a (bad) pet owner, not some veiled pushing of agendas or anything else.