Dog Boarding Kennels -Nsw

Jeeves

Just looking for any reviews/advice on places to go or NOT go for boarding our Dog. Sadly, he's not allowed at our planned holiday

spot. We are looking at 8 days total. Anywhere in the Sydney, Western Sydney, Lower Blue Mountain area.

Our dog is PB Choc. Lab. Typical lab, loves people, food, playtime, food, sleep, food, food food!

Edited by Jeeves

It might not be a case of finding a good reference.... By this time of year you may actually find it difficult to even get a booking for xmas... I suggest you start ringing around at once to find somewhere otherwise you might find it very difficult

Okay, I guess I wasn't asking for advice on my timing..just wanted to know if anyone has used a boarding kennel and what kind of experience it was for their pet I.e. good/bad experiences.

I have filled in 3 enquiries at the following kennels, Royal Rover, Sydney Pet Resort (londonderry) and triple crown resort.

All have sent me positive confirmations for the dates I've requested.

I am looking for feedback on kennel experiences..

I use the Terrigal Pet Resort, which is affiliated with the Dural Pet Resort, same ownership I believe. I find Terrigal to be fantastic, my dog loves the place, she's quite demonstrative about what she loves and hates, so the fact she's always happy to go there says a lot to me. A friend of mine uses Dural, she's happy with them, her dog is in there now as we speak.

In my opinion; avoid places running large packs around together. Or leaving them free-range, it's not safe.

Completely agree with that.... And I would also stay clear of places who kennel dogs of different families together e.g. Dural Pet Resort

The best thing is to go and see for yourself... kennels should allow you to come for inspection by appointment.... don't look just at the pretty reception and colour co-ordinated walls... or the show kennels... Have a good look around and consider from the dogs point of view.... you know what will make your dog comfortable.

Okay, I guess I wasn't asking for advice on my timing..just wanted to know if anyone has used a boarding kennel and what kind of experience it was for their pet I.e. good/bad experiences.

I have filled in 3 enquiries at the following kennels, Royal Rover, Sydney Pet Resort (londonderry) and triple crown resort.

All have sent me positive confirmations for the dates I've requested.

I am looking for feedback on kennel experiences..

My rhodesian ridgeback goes to Triple Crown Pet Resort & loves it. :)