Woman Throws Dog Poo At Police Officer

HollyMilo

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it was top of Police list of priorities to have some place for residents to go

I dunno. I think they should always have a plan. Especially for Domestic Violence cases. The person trying to get home could be the perpetrator or a witness or immediate family that needs protecting too. The police might not want to tell anyone why the street is cordoned off, but they should be able to say - it's dangerous, stay clear or the safe place to be is... local shops or school or some place suitably out of the way and have a team there to get details of the displaced - in case they need them.

A street around the corner from me was cordoned off and that was the way I normally use to get anywhere useful... I went and had a chat and the police didn't tell me anything specific but they were able to tell me how long the road was expected to be closed for roughly, and that it was dangerous to cross the cordon and to stay clear.

Wow.

She had attitude (or something wrong) but for some reason I feel bad for her in the video. That massive cop checked her hard onto the ground and she was screaming for her dogs. :( 4 men to handle one tiny angry frightened woman is way over the top.

In context of why the street was blocked, she didn't know that at the time and probably feels like a total dick now.

Wow.

She had attitude (or something wrong) but for some reason I feel bad for her in the video. That massive cop checked her hard onto the ground and she was screaming for her dogs. :( 4 men to handle one tiny angry frightened woman is way over the top.

In context of why the street was blocked, she didn't know that at the time and probably feels like a total dick now.

I felt sorry for her too Powerlegs. Sometimes I think police do go over the top and I hate hearing someone scream like that. She may have known about the murder before she left for her walk and possibly she was already churned up with her own reactions. She may have been frightened or anxious or may herself have been the victim of DV.

It was sad the police didn't have some place for the residents to go if they couldn't get home. I wonder what the usual plan is for that?

And from the video, I'm having a guess that he told her to take the dog poop away but she couldn't because he wouldn't let her home and for some reason - in that part of the video she didn't just ask him to dispose of it or what she should do while she was waiting for them to re-open the area.

The attack seemed quite sudden like she was talking and then she snapped.

However pretty sure the cops would have been bitten if I was screaming on the ground while they jumped on top of me. I don't think my dog would have just watched. :S I don't want to find out the hard way she wouldn't help me if I was in trouble (even if it was trouble of my own making).

I arrived home once to find my street being blocked off by the police. I found out later there'd been a shooting nearby. The officer suggested I go down to the shops. It wasn't his job to look after me; it was his job to ensure no one came into the street..

The police were protecting a crime scene where a woman had been rammed off the road and had her head bashed in while she was hanging upside down in the car. I don't think it was top of Police list of priorities to have some place for residents to go if they couldn't access their homes. I hope that woman is disgusted with her behaviour after finding out why the police had cordoned off her street.

Oh god, it was that crime seen :( Certainly don't blame the cops for not prioritising getting that woman to her house right then.

It wasn't his job to look after me; it was his job to ensure no one came into the street..

what I've learned from my dog training study is that the best way to get a dog not to do something is to give it something else to do that is incompatible with the thing you don't want.

Eg dog jumping - you ask for sit.

Human wants into an area that is cordoned off, send human to the local shops/church/school. Eg after the fires in the Adelaide hills or anywhere else.

If they didn't give the humans something to do instead, the humans would find some other way to get into the exclusion zone. And one thing you can do with a human that helps that is harder to do with a dog - is explain why. Eg for safety and you phone this number (eg 131444) to find out when you can come back.

I don't think it was top of Police list of priorities to have some place for residents to go

I dunno. I think they should always have a plan. Especially for Domestic Violence cases. The person trying to get home could be the perpetrator or a witness or immediate family that needs protecting too. The police might not want to tell anyone why the street is cordoned off, but they should be able to say - it's dangerous, stay clear or the safe place to be is... local shops or school or some place suitably out of the way and have a team there to get details of the displaced - in case they need them.

A street around the corner from me was cordoned off and that was the way I normally use to get anywhere useful... I went and had a chat and the police didn't tell me anything specific but they were able to tell me how long the road was expected to be closed for roughly, and that it was dangerous to cross the cordon and to stay clear.

the message out of this is that there should be a plan for residents unable to return home in these cases... it only needs to be simple and this would not have happened at all.

h

Or maybe police are sick and tired of being abused for trying to do their jobs. I'm in a profession where I can be in the firing line at any given time but remain professional at all times.

So what if she had to wait to get home. Her reaction was completely out of proportion. Does she honestly think that the police want to stand around blocking people from their homes?

The whole altercation might have been avoided if the cops had just been more helpful than "you can't go this way".

They didn't need her distraction or four cops dealing with something that could have been avoided. They could have avoided it. They ought to have a routine plan - eg set up cordon - have a place to direct residents and their visitors and a contact number so they can find out when they can go home.

It's not that hard and could have avoided trouble, extra paperwork, taking up space in a paddy wagon and then a cell and finding places for the dogs etc.

The woman is clearly not telepathic - how was she supposed to know why they were there. Why should it matter why they were there.

It's ironic that we are talking about violence against women and it took 4 policemen to manhandle one woman. (The link to the video is no longer working but that was my understanding from memory.) I think the police need to learn better ways to deal with similar situations. Better communication would be a start.

It's ironic that we are talking about violence against women and it took 4 policemen to manhandle one woman. (The link to the video is no longer working but that was my understanding from memory.) I think the police need to learn better ways to deal with similar situations. Better communication would be a start.

You so realise that she assaulted a police officer? Just because you are a female doesn't mean that you can act like that and expect no consequences.

Yeah I don't quite understand why people are defending her. She threw shit at a cop. What did she expect. Lordy.

And boohoo she couldn't get straight home, did she not think something bigger than her was going on? Cops don't just turn people away from their homes for kicks.

You so realise that she assaulted a police officer? Just because you are a female doesn't mean that you can act like that and expect no consequences.

I am not saying there should be no consequences. I think the police could have handled the situation better. I am agreeing with Mrs RB.

did she not think something bigger than her was going on

Why would she think that? She lives there, nothing bad ever happened there before (in her head).

Police are supposed to be trained how to keep the public calm and manageable so stuff like this doesn't happen.

I don't think the policeman thought about what he was doing either. You never know when you're going to meet crazy. But you should (especially in his line of work) always be prepared.