Woman Throws Dog Poo At Police Officer

HollyMilo

Well because of just that, I guess, nothing had ever happened there before, its an unprecedented event. You'd assume there was a reason for it? Anyone who's watched the news has seen streets cordoned off and its generally not out of spite or for fun.

Cops probably could have handled it better but with a lot going on I guess something could fall by the wayside. Not ideal but if it were me I'd just take my dogs out for a coffee and realise I'm not the most important thing going on today.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would she think that? Because there are a whole bunch of cops there and the street is cordoned off?

I really don't get the issue, if you get back to your street to cops everywhere and a cordon and they say you can't come through now you go ok, and wait don't you? Maybe if it had been hours you'd try and find out some info buy it doesn't sound like that was the case here, and even then, you don't go around assaulting people.

If my street was closed off with cops everywhere I would assume something important was happening. As would anyone with half a brain?

Sure it may be a pain but throwing poo isn't going to help!

I'm not sure what else the cops were supposed to do? They get enough crap in their jobs as it is and her reaction was far from normal.

If my street was closed off with cops everywhere I would assume something important was happening. As would anyone with half a brain?

Sure it may be a pain but throwing poo isn't going to help!

I'm not sure what else the cops were supposed to do? They get enough crap in their jobs as it is and her reaction was far from normal.

Because her reaction was not normal (whatever that means) doesn't give the police the right to over-react. Perhaps talking and reasoning should have been attempted first. If she had mental health issues, which her behaviour would suggest, there are other ways to deal with it other than wrestling her to the ground and handcuffing her.

Some people with mental health issues, such as anxiety or depression, can be irrational and are easily frightened and feel threatened on the slightest provocation.

Regardless of the woman's mental state, should a police officer who is just doing his job have to politely cop a bag of shit to the face? No! If people behave in an unsocial manner they can expect consequences.

Edited by HollyMilo

Whatever her state of mind, or reason for wanting to return to her house - throwing a bag of manure at someone and hitting them in the face WILL get a reaction - and most people who are not as trained as police officers would probably have reacted with a blow.

I thought the police handled it well - yes she was dropped to the ground heavily, but she was not 'set upon by 4 police', the second cop took the leads to make sure the dogs were under control, and 2 other cops arrived in case they were needed.

No way to know how long she had been there, and how many times they asked her to move away. One of the cops was suggesting alternatives (don't know what he was saying, but his hand gestures were referring her to another street etc).

If she has no mental issues - then she demonstrated a complete lack of respect to another human being. If there were mental/emotional health issues - then remedial action is required (support, supervision or whatever is suitable) as it is not acceptable for anyone (emergency services or Joe Public) to be put in a position where she would go off and assault someone.

Being unable to return to your house due to the street being blocked off can be a pain, and may result in significant inconvenience - but when was the last time a street was blocked off for no reason - the local residents may not have known exactly what occurred - but guaranteed someone (through accident, assault, murder, illness) is having a MUCH worse day than the person who cant return to their house.

Heaven forbid what would happen if someone else 'got in her way' during the day, must be charming to interact with that attitude on a regular basis

In my view - Not acceptable