Do You Ever Get Over The Death Of A Dog?

Thanks for posting that link ... amazing to read. So much that dogs do that we don't always appreciate.

Agree :)

You know, I felt guilty when my Labrador died that I cried more for her than my father when he died (and I loved my dad and was very close to him). Now I see I'm not the only one to have felt this way :o

Edited by Ranga

• 1 month later...

Can't link, but the Glover family just now have the cutest kelpie pup. What a lucky dog to have been picked by a loving home. There are debates on his FB site about whether there's such a thing as 'too soon' but for a family grieving an old dog, I reckon a puppy is a great distraction!

Each individual is different and I am one of those people that can't be without a canine companion. When that awful time comes and our family has to say goodbye my need for another takes over and I will try to find that special friend as soon as I can. I am not replacing my lost friend but adding another to a new chapter in my life. I Over the past years, our family has had two companions of staggered ages so when one leaves, there is always another to come home to. It doesn't make the hurt any easier. I have often had comments as to how could I get another dog so soon after losing one but that's the way I am, and am not sorry I have done so.

My big boy Bob lived with me through some really hard times, he saved me from myself so many times I cant count. Im still alive because of him. When I lost him it was hard hard for me I also lost my rescue girl Molly on the same day. I thought I wouldn't ever get over loosing them. Not have the noise of the two of them and Gilly rushing to the door to meet me was so hard. Gilly and I mourned for so long, I thought I would loose Gilly as well he was so sad, but then Cedro and Anna came and there was noise in my home again. But its not the same noise as Bobs. I still cry when I think of him, how he was always by my side, how when he met a snake he jumped straight up in the air, how he hated foxes and lightening terrified him because of the shooters. I will miss him until I meet him again.