Sending Bloods To Jean Dodds

sas

Hi!

I'm looking at sending bloods to Jean Dodds for my little dog who I think may have a Thyroid issue, I have priced the full panel to be done in Australia and it's looking like it will end up around $700 whereas Jean Dodds is only $175 USD.

I know I will need to courier and need to keep the sample chilled - has anyone done this? How did you do it, approx costs?

Edited by sas

I have also sent many bloods to Jean Dodds. I just downloaded the forms, Vet drew the blood, filled out the forms, I took the bloods to the PO, after being packed the correct way, sent it off.

Never had any issues, till the last time, and they vanished off the face of the earth ??? Couldn't track it down. Not impressed.

When I do them again, I will probably use a Courier, it's just they are so expensive, that's why I did it myself. I guess I need to suck that up, knowing they will definately get there.

We have sent bloods to her a few times for thyroid panels etc. We did the first lot ourselves through the local vet and I think all up it was about $300 per dog. Then we discovered our holistic vet in Canberra organises the whole thing and we were only out of pocket $230 for each dog. She had an account set up with Jean Dodds so that each test only cost her $50 instead of the $90 that Joe Public is charged. I enquired with the holistic vet in Newcastle after we moved and was quoted something similar.

It might be worth asking around the different holistic vets, they all seem to do it fairly regularly and would know the best way to do it. They also seem to have the cheaper package prices :)

• 2 months later...

Bumping.

I see on her site that there is a long list of tests. What are people getting done? :o

Which Aus available tests are people doing first? And at what stage are you opting for the U.S. option?

Available Thyroid Tests

• Thyroid Profile 5™ PLUS (T4, free T4, T3, free T3, TgAA - PLUS CBC, Differential, Chemistries)

• Thyroid Profile 5™ (T4, free T4, T3, free T3, TgAA)

• Thyroid GOLD™ Registration & Certificate ONLY (Order with ANY Thyroid Profile 5)

• Thyroid Profile 4 PLUS (T4, Free T4, T3, Free T3 - PLUS CBC, Differential, Chemistries)

• Thyroid Profile 4 (T4, free T4, T3, free T3)

• Thyroid Profile 2

• OFA Thyroid Registry (free T4 ED, TSH, TgAA)

• OFA Thyroid (Expanded Profile: T4, T3, free T3, T4AA, T3AA and OFA (FT4ED, TSH, TgAA)

• 1 month later...

Bumping.

I see on her site that there is a long list of tests. What are people getting done? :o

Which Aus available tests are people doing first? And at what stage are you opting for the U.S. option?

When I got Lucy tested, the price was very similar to the price in Australia so I opted for going straight to the US tests. I can't remember what I had done - I just did what Erny (who used to post on this forum) recommended.

Guest crazydoglady99

Slightly off topic..

Kate Millhouse is the nicest Vet. I highly recommend her.

We had that hair analysis done on my very sick dog - I gave the results to Kate. She pointed out that many of the things in the hair analysis report were not even possible ie dogs can't get xyz. She was soo wonderful with her recommendations for treating my girl.

Edited to fix typos.

Edited by crazydoglady99

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ring around the vets and find out who has an account with Hemopet.

I was told the blood had to be spun down. As I have said before I use a vet that does it all. I just turn up with the dog.

Forgot to say my last test was under a $200 but the dollar was better then.

Edited by oakway