Ping!

Podengo

He is just such a fun and out going little boy! He is instantly best friends with every person and dog that he meets, has a great recall, is super affectionate and cuddly and always up for anything that involves action! Handles big long walks like a pro but equally happy spending the day at the office chilling out :)

What is his running endurance like? I had my eye on these guys as a potential pint-sized running pal. I couldn't find anyone to tell me what kind of distances I could expect from them, though. A JRT can do long distances and would keep up with me, but they are unusual for little dogs. I only run once or twice a week, but I can be out for 90 minutes or more.

I think a pod has similar endurance to a JRT. We regularly do 2-3 hour walks and Ping spends a lot of the time running after Elsie (who never ever walks on a walk) and chasing hares. He isn't that tired by the end of it and is still racing around... we humans are walking though. Like with a JRT the prey drive in pod is pretty intense and Ping does chase anything that moves, but he does come back pretty quickly.

• 1 month later...