My Innocent House Guest

Kirislin

ooops posted in wrong section. :shrug:

Am I going bonkers? I wrote the above comment because I thought I'd posted this in OT. Now I'm not sure if it's been moved and someone's playing with my head, or I posted it here all along.

Perfect chance to use this.

Edited by Kirislin

Lol cute! Chickens are shockers for eating anything, the daughter of Betty Boop is my number 1 girl and she will steal from the dogs, cats, humans and will also try to swallow anything small that accidentally gets dropped.

Before you took in my big girls I had problems giving the dogs bones outside, the girls wouldn't back down from two of my littlies.

Edited by Rascalmyshadow

for the record, he ate it all, the chooks were a bit cautious because they've been warned off by my whippets in the past, but they recognised he was new and singled him out. I had to stand guard to make sure they didn't steal it from him, I did see him give them the evil eye a few times too. :laugh: Essie scored some by my mistake though. I pulled a bit of meat off for him on the 2nd drumstick because he was a bit tired and she ran up and grabbed it out of my hand. It was too big for her to immediately swallow and she had Betty and Tag chasing her. It was quite interesting that Tag was following her, my dogs normally ignore the chooks but he knew she stole it from me and so followed her for a bit. He must have been thinking since it was stolen it would belong to anyone who could get it.

That is brilliant laugh.gif

I am getting some chickens neck week actually :) Have the pen all set up and ready.

Am hoping the dogs don't mind them. They don't chase the wild birds, so i am assuming all will be well so they can be free range while i am home.

Arkey looks like he could eat several of those legs :)

He's a picky eater. I coaxed him to eat 2 drumsticks. I even bought chicken giblets yesterday in the hope of fattening him a bit. Penny used to love them so I thought I'd tempt him with them. Nup, he wouldn't touch them, while all of mine were hovering like vultures saying give them to us! I eventually roasted them for him and he ate them oh so slowly. I suspect they had the texture of wet suit material, but he did like them cooked.