Renal Diet Recommendations For Senior

baileyb

Hi

Bailey, my 14.5yo ESS had some elevated renal results in a recent blood test and although not at alarming levels, I am going to look into changing his diet.

I would love some ideas and recommendations from anyone who has had good results with a particular diet.

Thanks in advance

Liz

I looked into home prepared meals for Ingrid but was worried about getting the nutrition right. I'm feeding her Hills and she's doing really well on it. She was drinking a lot of water but that's improved a lot with the change of diet.

:wave: Hi Liz.

Kirra says she's in the same boat as Bailey .. mildly elevated BUN and creatinine, but her urine test was OK .. she's still concentrating urine well. But interested in this, as we may need to change food at some stage. We'll check her levels again in a few months, and the decide.

:wave: Hi Liz.

Kirra says she's in the same boat as Bailey .. mildly elevated BUN and creatinine, but her urine test was OK .. she's still concentrating urine well. But interested in this, as we may need to change food at some stage. We'll check her levels again in a few months, and the decide.

We have to tackle a perforated ear drum and middle ear infection before I look seriously at this. Poor boy........has had balance issues for a while and we thought it was Vestibular Disease but wasn't improving so he was sedated today and the vet is shocked by the condition of his ear. No pain, no discharge, no smell but now its a matter of what course of antibiotics can be used that wont have an adverse effect on his renal system.