Dog Friendly Fruit Trees?

Two Best Dogs!

Mine play with the lemons and apricots, but don't eat them. They leave the plums and pears alone. Sometimes nibble the strawberries and raspberries, don't like the red currants. Never come to any harm from the fruit.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tahitian lime tree is a handy tree to have around and no one here (tibbies, possums, flying fox and turkeys) touch the fruit or tree. You could have a mohito party! I also cut up the ones we don't use and put them in the garden beds as it helps keep cats off.

Last spring we planted a Mango tree in our front yard. It will be pruned to suit us and hopefully bear fruit in the coming years.

Mandarin x two varieties and orange x two varieties both at different fruiting times.

Next I want to plant a Paw-Paw. :)

Tahitian lime tree is a handy tree to have around and no one here (tibbies, possums, flying fox and turkeys) touch the fruit or tree. You could have a mohito party! I also cut up the ones we don't use and put them in the garden beds as it helps keep cats off.

I didn't know lime keeps cats away. I've already decided on what to replace the grapes with but I do have a small second lemon tree I can replace.

And eventually plan to get rid of a lot of cement in the backyard = more tree space!

(I'm a fan of trees over open yard space)