Fostering Tasmania

Monah

Hi, I haven't been on for a while, a few years! I have a relative who has recently moved to Tasmania, an hour from Launceston, and they are very interested in fostering . Are there any breed rescues or working dog rescues who need fosterers? or indeed any organisation , Thank you. xx

Doler Maddy from Greyhound Haven Tasmania is in Launceston and would love a foster carer I'm sure.

Depends on what other animals they have.

This.

Also, fences, kids, working hours, the usual stuff to consider for fostering.

As far as I know, there aren't really any other breed rescues for dogs near Launceston. I can think of only one other and I'd be very wary of them (won't mention the group name on here but it's a working breed). On the other hand, if they like cats, Just Cats is a huge group near Longford and they always need foster carers for cats. I've heard some questionable things about the woman who runs it but by all accounts, she's a bit hard to get along with so it's no surprise people have complaints.

Only other local option is the RSPCA up in Mowbray and they seem to make the application process as hard as possible and will turn people down for absurd reasons, like not being at home 24/7.

There's Small Paws - they are in Hobart but I'm sure I've seen people fostering that live closer to Lonnie than Hobart.

Also German Shepherd Rescue Tas - I'm not sure what their situation is re: fosters, they are relatively new I think, only around in the last 1-2 years. They seem to be doing an ok job so far.

Doler Maddy from Greyhound Haven Tasmania is in Launceston and would love a foster carer I'm sure.

Depends on what other animals they have.

This.

Also, fences, kids, working hours, the usual stuff to consider for fostering.

As far as I know, there aren't really any other breed rescues for dogs near Launceston. I can think of only one other and I'd be very wary of them (won't mention the group name on here but it's a working breed). On the other hand, if they like cats, Just Cats is a huge group near Longford and they always need foster carers for cats. I've heard some questionable things about the woman who runs it but by all accounts, she's a bit hard to get along with so it's no surprise people have complaints.

Only other local option is the RSPCA up in Mowbray and they seem to make the application process as hard as possible and will turn people down for absurd reasons, like not being at home 24/7.

they don't have any animals and are home all the time, but I'm not sure what the fence situation is ATM. x

Hi Monah, I was thinking about you the other day. :) Hope you are well.

Hello! yes all good, dogs well, I've moved back to South Australia into a crap house so have to fix it up . xxx hope you're all well and happy and healthy. xxx