The End Of An Era

JRG

It is with great sadness that I write that our very special girl, Petals, was given her wings on September 14th.

That she has lived to over 14 years old is, in itself, a miracle - (she had been paralysed since being struck down by an unidentified virus at 17 months old) - but by sheer guts and determination she has fought and won every step of the last 13 years.

She has taught us so much about persistence and optimism, and how a "can do" frame of mind can overcome seemingly insurmountable obstacles.

Thank you little one - now you can chase as many butterflies as you like, your legs will not fail you, you will not fall over!

Please read her story at <www.spanieljournal.com/2greaves.html> and <www.spanieljournal.com/greaves3.html> and pause to salute a great spaniel.

Happy hunting Petals - we will miss you

I just read Petals' story and she was definately one of a kind. We can learn a lot from her spirit and determination. I'm so glad she got to live a long and fulfilled life despite her illness because I think she deserved it. I don't doubt that as she aged her disabilities bought some other challenges for you to overcome. I hope you update your spaniel journal articles to reflect these challenges and the achievements from them when you are up to it as they could give someone else in a similar situation hope. Fly free Petals and catch as many butterflies as you can.

It is with great sadness that I write that our very special girl, Petals, was given her wings on September 14th.

That she has lived to over 14 years old is, in itself, a miracle - (she had been paralysed since being struck down by an unidentified virus at 17 months old) - but by sheer guts and determination she has fought and won every step of the last 13 years.

She has taught us so much about persistence and optimism, and how a "can do" frame of mind can overcome seemingly insurmountable obstacles.

Thank you little one - now you can chase as many butterflies as you like, your legs will not fail you, you will not fall over!

Please read her story at <www.spanieljournal.com/2greaves.html> and <www.spanieljournal.com/greaves3.html> and pause to salute a great spaniel.

Happy hunting Petals - we will miss you

JRG,

The links didn't work for me but Google and I found them.

http://www.spanieljo.../2rgreaves.html

http://www.spanieljo.../3rgreaves.html