What You Don't See In The Paper...

Zhou Xuanyao

The following are just a few of about a dozen images captured by a passer by on Murrays Beach in Sawtell on the 26th of May this year. There has been no media coverage nor police report or media release to the best of my knowledge. Allegations of bullying against Coffs Council CO's are not uncommon. The narrative accompanying these images is that he refused to put his dog back on the lead when asked. They also lost their 4wd to an incoming tide as they parked it below the tide line when they got out and detained this beach goer. The council needs to face this incident head on and apologise to us, the public who pay these CO's wages and for the car they recklessly trashed, or explain their version of events if they differ.

Had this dog defended it's owner as one might expect, the dog probably would have been put down as well.

If anyone would like to contact Coffs Harbour council about this incident, please email [email protected]

post-22263-0-70989200-1443322840_thumb.jpg

post-22263-0-43439600-1443322846_thumb.jpg

post-22263-0-16770500-1443322854_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lee Kum Kee

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice find! I like the way the loss of the ute (which was written off after it was finally recovered) is the headline, with no mention made about how the CO's, not the police, detained the accused and the omission of the damning photographs--that's where the real substance of what happened lies.

Also the ute didn't become swamped while they were talking to him, it became swamped because they parked it well below the tide line for some reason and it became bogged, there was nobody to help them because that beach has restricted 4WD access, and the vehicle was subsequently swamped when the tide came in.

Edited by Lee Kum Kee

I agree, having said that, why all the lying and omission? Either the ABC or their source, presumably the police, are covering up what happened. I'm not too concerned about the vehicle story, save them some embarrassment etc, but the serious part of this is the fact that the CO's detained him and the nature in which they did it, none of which is mentioned. That's a strangle hold by the way, it can be fatal, a New York cop used it to kill Eric Garner last year.

Problem is, I dare speculate, that they're all mates down the pub, and if the local police can deflect heat from the council when they think there will be no foul to them they will--just make the whole incident disappear by saying that he became aggressive when police arrived and was arrested, end of story.

Considering this was all over the local buy swap sell, no one has yet been charged with anything or so it was said in many of the comments.

This was the post in the Facebook group with the photos posted above.

******** LOOKING FOR WITNESSES *******

Did anyone see this an incident on Murrays Beach (dog exercise beach) in Sawtell at around 10 am on the 26th May 2015.

Attached is some pictures sent in this week by a reader.

It's believed this man had been playing with his partner's dog in the surf, however dogs on that beach are required to be on leads. As a result of this incident one witnesses was later arrested by police, One council vehicle was written off, and the incident is still being investigated by police.

If you hear anyone talking about it please Tag them or ask them to get in contact with us please.

We are looking for Phone footage, Pictures and of course Witnesses

No one in these pictures have yet been charged, we will keep you posted

--Lhok

Guy sounds like a bit of a dickhead tbh, off lead dog, asked to leash it, refused and was arrested. Sounds about right.

No idea whether he was bullied but sounds pretty fair to me.

As for the car, stupid mistake but public demanding an apology? Really?

Well keep the dog on a leash and this shit won't happen, or you know, go to an off leash beach it's not rocket science :shrug: Article says there have been complaints about off lead dogs so that'd why the rangers were patrolling, bloke broke the law why should the authorities apologise because people can't follow a simple law?

To be fair at least one of the rangers in those photos comes across as a complete wanker who thinks he is a law unto himself right down to his saunter.

The outrage is about the rangers driving their truck to below the waterline, getting it bogged down and having it have salt damage.

They (the rangers) also were extreme in the way they handled the dude, that choke hold (the ranger who did it does martial arts and should know better) was dangerous to use in the conditions they were in and shouldn't have been done regardless of if the dude became aggressive or not.

--Lhok

There is this story that goes around Adelaide - heard it again this morning...

If you and your dog are in the water - the council and the state police can't touch you - the water belongs to the feds / british navy. WTF?

But a lot of people believe it. The sand bar can be very popular after 10am during daylight savings - cos that's when our dogs all turn into pumpkins and must be put on leash so they don't wash away or something.

I have a few thoughts but this is what I can print.

If you don't want to jumped on and arrested then do 2 simple things.

1: Obey the law

2: Don't be a dick when asked to obey the law.

As for the foolishness about the vehicle they need to be disciplined.

I am constantly amazed by the attitude of entitlement which extends to people flouting the law because they are special

I still reckon topless man in chokehold is the random angry passerby and the person I'm brown shirt appears to be holding a lead so might be the dog walker?

I hope he got a fine for that. If it's on lead zone, obey the rules! Especially if the Rangers come up and ask you to.

The dude in chokehold, without context of what his aggression behaviour was idk if that was necessary.

The car was just stupid.

I have a few thoughts but this is what I can print.

If you don't want to jumped on and arrested then do 2 simple things.

1: Obey the law

2: Don't be a dick when asked to obey the law.

As for the foolishness about the vehicle they need to be disciplined.

I am constantly amazed by the attitude of entitlement which extends to people flouting the law because they are special

This. The creator of this situation is obvious - shifting the blame elsewhere is typical of people who think laws don't apply to them. If this post was aimed at getting sympathy for the dog owner, that's a fail.

If the dog had gone the ranger, then again, the blame would be on the dog owner for creating the situation.

Edited by Haredown Whippets

Seems like the German Shep running around did have a lead on it, but I can't see it while it is running around the rangers and the guy.

This was pulled from the video footage above by a person who commented on it.

12042643_10153605919828187_5905167456945268955_n.jpg?oh=94148752f60c6a37abddfb8b34d70da3&oe=568BD128

--Lhok

Edited by Lhok