Rescue Gone Too Far? Homeless Mans Puppy Taken

Guest donatella

Guest donatella

I am disgusted and apparently the puppy is now on the rescues website for adoption. :mad

And they called him Vegan they already sound like a bunch of loons:

There is a petition to get the puppy back to the man

http://www.buzzfeed.com/stephaniemcneal/a-homeless-man-was-left-crying-after-animal-rights-activists?utm_term=.tf2ava5WQ#.imQy7yqaE

A video that claims to show an animal rights group ripping a puppy out of the arms of a homeless man is causing outrage online.

Facebook: nghileduc

The video was posted to Facebook last week by a man named Nghi Le Duc.

Facebook: video.php

He claimed that he was “shocked” as he watched as three representatives from Cause Animale Nord, an animal rights group, take the puppy from a man he said was homeless.

Le Duc wrote they took the pup “violently, without pity” from a “homeless man.” He described the dog as the homeless man’s “friend.”

The video has since been viewed more than 2.5 million times. Many people decried the group’s actions on social media.

People called them “bullies.”

And said Cause Animale Nord were perpetrating the same kind of cruelty they claim to fight against.

Someone even set up a Change.org petition that calls for the group to be investigated. More than 200,000 have signed it.

But the group pushed back on the criticism, saying that the video doesn’t tell the full story. In a post on their Facebook page, they claim the man was using the puppy for “begging.”

facebook.com

The group claimed that the dog appeared to be drugged, and was stumbling and disoriented. They said they couldn’t sit back and watch the puppy – who they named “Vegan” – be mistreated.

“The police do nothing, we act,” they wrote. “You also…can act,” they wrote, saying it just takes “a little bit of courage.”

In response to a comment, the group said the homeless man, who they referred to as “Roma,” was screaming because he realized he just lost his meal ticket.

“We intervened because it was urgent for the animal,” the group said according to French newspaper La Voix Du Nord. “It is very easy to turn images of context or some about to attack and defame.”

The group is offering the puppy for adoption, and posted a video on its Facebook showing her happy and playing. “She can finally run everywhere,” the group wrote.

In response, a man named Adam Gulmezian wrote on Facebook he tracked down the homeless man. In a video, the man claims that he has papers proving the dog is his.

But Cause Animale Nord responded by claiming the papers had been “tampered with.”

facebook.com

Edited by donatella

Yeah I've seen that. I believe the homeless man now has a lawyer? I hope he gets his dog back. If the activists were so "concerned" they should have called the proper authorities rather than stealing the dog.

There's some speculation racism was involved because the activists CEO hates romani and the man is roma?

And I think their police posted on their Facebook page to be looking into it.

So sad :(

France must be doing something right if the worst thing someone could do to a dog is involve them in 'begging' :confused:

surely the rescue's efforts could be better used elsewhere or at least gain evidence of actual mistreatment before you steal the dog

But the group pushed back on the criticism, saying that the video doesn’t tell the full story. In a post on their Facebook page, they claim the man was using the puppy for “begging.”

Oh the irony! :rofl: I wonder how much money this dog has raised for them on their facebook.

• Haha 1

When in Sydney I saw a number of homeless people with dogs. The dogs were well fed and healthy. Just because you are homeless doesn't mean you cannot have a dog or look after it.

I hope the pup is removed from these nutters and theyare charged with stealing

Yes there's people and vets in Sydney who work to keep the homeless and their pets together, vetworked, fed and supported. Always there to help. If the person is capable and just needs some help they can ask for it without fear that their dog will be stolen by nutters. :(

Apparently the guy is deaf which is why he didn't speak and made that wailing noise. Also not only do they steal a puppy that is screaming/yelping they man handle it assault the guy who owns the pup and run off. The poor guy must really love his dog above all else because he leaves all everything behind to chase the people running off with the pup.

Oh some of the comments further down on the story say the pup was given to him by a local who saw how heartbroken he was after loosing his other dog.

--Lhok

Nutters - but then again we have our own share of them here too. People who see what they think they see and make assumptions on what happens in daylight [the poor dog is in that cage all its whole life and never gets out etc ] decisions to steal someone's dog, or bully them or vilify them based on their opinion sensationalised to get people to agree regardless of truth , a person's defence or circumstances.

Same thing- if they are concerned they should leave it up to the appropriate authorities.

Edited by Steve

I think in this case it's the culture of the regional romani that have these activist in a tizzy. Romani = animal abuse = justified theft. I don't know a lot about the gypsy population in that area but they've long been a target of racism elsewhere.

No idea what powers the local authorities use when it comes to animal cruelty but if there is a vacuum that's when people take things into their own hands.

Police interviewed the rescue group and have been told to give the pup back to the man :cheers::champagne::cheer:

I wonder if they actually will.

My guess is that "Vegan" (God help us) will conveniently disappear.

I saw a few beggars with dogs in Europe. One cat too. All were well cared for.