Self Cleaning Stripping/curry Comb

I put this in the wrong place so posting again here in the hope someone knows where to get one. I remember this comb from when I was a kid. I loved using it to strip out our dogs coat. I found it again when cleaning out Mums house. It nearly got chucked until I spotted it and rescued it. I'd love to get a new version of it, but exactly the same.

Anyone ever seen them for sale?

21686783330_14fc59aeb6_c.jpg5F6A2721_1 by kirislin, on Flickr

thanks, yep that's the one. I've actually found a wholesaler who distributes to a local store so I'll be ordering one soon. They are fabulous for getting old coats out of dogs like GSDs It's that double coat that it is perfect for.

thanks, yep that's the one. I've actually found a wholesaler who distributes to a local store so I'll be ordering one soon. They are fabulous for getting old coats out of dogs like GSDs It's that double coat that it is perfect for.

Are they any good for border collies...I usually use a rake

they're called a rake so I assume they'd be similar. The teeth are fairly short on them so they wouldn't tangle or pull too much in a long coat I think. That's my opinion only, I might be wrong.

I clearly remember using that rake on our corgi growing up, and had and used one throughout my early years as a groomer.

You would be better served with a rake with longer teeth for a BC. Would be great on a short coat BC but for the traditional coat type, longer teeth will be better.

I clearly remember using that rake on our corgi growing up, and had and used one throughout my early years as a groomer.

You would be better served with a rake with longer teeth for a BC. Would be great on a short coat BC but for the traditional coat type, longer teeth will be better.

Yes the one I have has longer teeth about 1 inch long. It is an old favourite I have had for years.

I'm desperately hunting for one of these too. Willing to share details Kirislin? I'm in Tassie, so I'm a bit limited shop wise.

this is the company that distributes it but they wont sell it retail. They gave me the name of a business in my town who they sell to and I have to order it from them.

http://www.elitepet.com.au/home/index.php?route=product/product&path=3_52_137&product_id=1563