Golden Paste - Tumeric

As others have alluded to, you want to make sure you get the right ingredients - supermarket Turmeric is no good as 99% of supermarket turmeric has had all the goodness taken out of it already. Important to get the 3% - 5% curcumin content.

Same goes for the cinnamon - I had to order Ceylon cinnamon online as couldn't find it locally.

My little one can't stand it, I bought one of those silicone cooling mats from K Mart that looks like it's a sheet of blisterpacks, and I put my paste in there and freeze it into little pellets - easier for me to take too as I don't like the taste!

Careful of the mess and yellow stains! Don't leave ingredients out - they're not there for flavour, but each in the recipe has a purpose. I've definitely had success with a tumour on my boy (although this was not turmeric ingested, I bought the topical paste from Augustine Approved a number of years ago and swear it was a big part of the tumor disappearing), and the research is pretty powerful. And the way I see it - what do you have to lose??

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My little one can't stand it, I bought one of those silicone cooling mats from K Mart that looks like it's a sheet of blisterpacks, and I put my paste in there and freeze it into little pellets - easier for me to take too as I don't like the taste!

I bought the topical paste from Augustine Approved a number of years ago

Thanks for that hint about the blisterpacks.

I've searched out Indian-owned stores in my city & they stock turmeric-related products that are from India. Where it's a huge component in everyday Indian diets so more likely to be the real deal. They also have Indian products where it's made into a skin paste.

There's good evidence from scientific studies of turmeric's (circumin's) health benefits for joints & skin. One US uni med school that's been studying it for arthritis for years, has recently found it might also be good at preserving bone...so could be of interest for preventing osteoporosis in women (& men, too).

Edited by mita