What Is Your Dog Bits Licking Routine

Two Best Dogs!

I am wondering if anyone suffers like me ;) The dog's butt licking routine is, I swear, right as I am about to doze off into the deep sleep for the night :sleep:

Then she starts going to town and it's all I can hear it is so loud! I have to put a pillow over my head or no sleep for me! On the rare occasion she has the decency to do it in a separate room, I can hear her clear across the house! :laugh: Cleanest bits for miles, so loud.

I think I read on here somewhere, someone had the smarts to train their dog to remove itself to a different room to lick the bits and I'm beginning to think I might need to do this for my sanity.

Please tell me I'm not alone in finding it an unappealing noise. I'm sure your bits are clean, please stop! :bottom:

Quinn doesn't seem to have a particular time that she does it but I definitely notice it the most when I'm either falling asleep or just waking up and my brain registers the gross slurpy noise that seems to have been going on for a long time. Ew.

And it's only Quinn that does it too, the boys don't seem to lick their bits!

We just make up funny songs about it :D

Please share, maybe I can drown out the licking by singing your songs as I descend into insanity ;)

To the tune of "Pennies from Heaven"...

"Every night around six o'clock,

Dinner for Dog Face.

Eats his dinner then licks his ****,

Dinner for Dog Face."

**** insert whatever rhymes best.

:D

Ugh. DOnt get me started. I cant stand teh sound of licking, dogs drinking, humans eating etc. It all drives me mad.

Henry is the WORST! His bits, his feet, just his belly. He licks everything. All the time. And i swear on days i am more irritable he does it closer to me laugh.gif

Kokoda tries to lick his feet really really slowly, whilst looking at me because he knows i hate it.

Thankfully he never really licks his bits around me as he always gets interrupted, so he goes away to do that laugh.gif

I can tolerate most hours, but 5:30am - not good.

I poke her until she stops or leaves the room... pulling her bed so it moves tends to get most durable result.

I got her back from RSPCA boarding one year with a massive rash on her belly and they said they never saw her licking. Were they looking at 5:30 am - I think not.

I poke her until she stops or leaves the room... pulling her bed so it moves tends to get most durable result.

I got her back from RSPCA boarding one year with a massive rash on her belly and they said they never saw her licking. Were they looking at 5:30 am - I think not.

So... Maybe if I rig up an elaborate pulley system to tug her bed without leaving my bed will decrease the number of slurping parties? ;)

Poor pup getting a tummy rash :(

So... Maybe if I rig up an elaborate pulley system to tug her bed without leaving my bed will decrease the number of slurping parties? ;)

Perhaps one of these could reach towards her and give her a poke :laugh:

31YFfn7ytmL._SY300_.jpg

Edited by denali

Perhaps one of these could reach towards her and give her a poke :laugh:

31YFfn7ytmL._SY300_.jpg

It would certainly work! She is oddly scared of plastic dinosaurs no matter the size! XD

As soon as daylight peaks over the horizon Tempeh sticks a leg in the air and goes for it. It is a very special sound to be woken up by. I used to gently tap her and she would stop for a second but then she would start again from the beginning - like her automatic deep cleaning program had been interrupted. Given she is normally using me to lean against I've started to move away quickly and topple her and she gets the huffs and jumps off the bed.

Poor Stussy has never been limber enough to lick her bits naturally so I have been known to hold her in position so she can gnaw on some pesky itch. It's what we do for those we love!

I am so mean, I don't let them do any licking, chewing or scratching in the night, I need my sleep too much. A sleepy grumble at them has always been enough to stop them and none really try it anymore, although I don't have any keen self groomers, my girl is about the worst. I think if I ever had a persistant night groomer they would be demoted to sleeping elsewhere at night, sorry dogs but I need my sleep!