The Animal Pharmacy

CavsRcute

Just wondering whether anyone has heard about the Animal Pharmacy.

I received a pamphlet on the mail box the other day, and even though I don't have a dog at the moment, I was interested.

It is located in Turramurra, NSW and there are 2 pharmacists, one who is married to a vet.

They say if you have a prescription you can get medications at reduced prices. For example they say that 50 tablets of Vetmedin is normally $76.90. And they sell it for $43.30.

I have absolutely nothing to do with this business but thought it could help someone.

I had a quick look and checked the reviews on the Vetmedin Capsules 1.25mg and one of the reviews (2nd last one) mentioned Petceutics, I thought hummmm so Googled Petceutics and checked the reviews on the Vetmedin and lo-and-behold they appear to be the same.

makes one would wonder...same company or just sneaky?

Out of curiosity, how do you get a prescription?

I am pretty sure you would need to ask your vet for a prescription which maybe ok if you visit irregularly but if your vet has diagnosed, treated and saved the lives of your dog(s) for years maybe continue with your own trusted vet and pay the extra.

I use Animal Pharmacy for all my dog medications. They are fabulous.

Excellent service & save lots of $$$.

With both mine on life time meds finding an fast delivery,extremely economical online service has been a god send.

I have a great Vet that writes us out scripts. Some Vets aren't so obliging.

Then I just fax the script through to AP & they fill the script & post it.You must post the original script to them though. Just speeds things up by faxing it through. I save well 50% on the price I would be paying if I were to buy from our Vet. Highly recommend them.

I use Animal Pharmacy for all my dog medications. They are fabulous.

Excellent service & save lots of $$$.

With both mine on life time meds finding an fast delivery,extremely economical online service has been a god send.

I have a great Vet that writes us out scripts. Some Vets aren't so obliging.

Then I just fax the script through to AP & they fill the script & post it.You must post the original script to them though. Just speeds things up by faxing it through. I save well 50% on the price I would be paying if I were to buy from our Vet. Highly recommend them.

My vet used to write a script for medications that I could get at the pharmacy. He had no issue doing this.

Glad to hear that they provide a good service. :thumbsup: They are in the suburb where I live. Would have been handy when I had my girl

Out of curiosity, how do you get a prescription?

I am pretty sure you would need to ask your vet for a prescription which maybe ok if you visit irregularly but if your vet has diagnosed, treated and saved the lives of your dog(s) for years maybe continue with your own trusted vet and pay the extra.

I thought the opposite actually... if you go to the Vet regularly and had built up a relationship that they would be more inclined to write you a script for on-going medication so you could save some money. I don't think a Vet would take be overly enthused if someone they hadn't seen before and asked for a script.