Trigger's Big Trek For Military Ptsd

Little Gifts

I lost a friend to PTSD (she was not in the armed forces) and it is a hideous mental health issue and difficult to get the right treatment for through the public system. I have always admired people who set off on long treks for a purpose and often wish I was brave enough to attempt something of this nature as I think you would learn a lot about yourself and human kindness during the journey. If he comes to my part of the world I'd love to give them a place to stay, do their washing, cook their favourite foods, whatever to show what they are doing is appreciated and important.

And it's strange but I purchased something that was donated to Soldier On for fundraising late last week and then this week discover Royce's links to them. It's a small world.

Just pushed his "Like" button so I can follow it. My OH is a returned soldier from Vietnam & suffers from PTSD as do all of his friends who served over there with him in combat. Interestingly, my OH says that walking the Kokoda Track last year, was far more beneficial to treating his PTSD than all the pills the docs have given him over the years.

• 2 weeks later...