Not Ready To Let Go

Lynlovesdogs

Yes, it is very hard. You and Hazel obviously had a special special bond and her passing will leave a great gap in your life. Going to bed is often the worst time, because they have had their very own spot, and to reach out and they aren’t there ....... well, it just hammers home the loss.

Deepest condolence, Lyn. You and Hazel shared so much love.

Thank you all so much. It means so much when people understand and it's not just 'A DOG'.

I will post a photo and share with everyone when I get home. It was hard to get up today. And I woke up several times during the night.

But I keep telling myself. She's not suffering. And she knows I loved her and as selfish as I am and wanted more time with her I know I did the best.

I just have to keep reminding myself and I go crazy trying to understand why it happened so quickly but it won't bring her back.

I loved every post here. Dol-ers are like family. If it weren't for this I would not have been so lucky to have found her

Xxx

Thanks Scottsmum.

This happened so fast she deteriorated so quickly. It's heartbreaking. I want just a little more time with her.

hugs to you.. it makes no difference if "the time" happens fast or slow.. we are never ready and yep our hearts break. remember that you are the person you are now because of the part of your life journey that you have travelled with your sweet Hazel and therefore she will be forever there in your memories, in your heart and in your very being until you meet again wherever it is that we all meet again.

I farewelled my beloved Dennys Dog this year.. a pup I held in my hands to remove the birth sack and held in my arms at the end of his life... we who have farewelled our companions know that pain, that deafening silence in the house..that ache and that regret that we were not a gad and able to work just that one miracle.

what keshwar posted is true..

Blessings

Helen

I am so very sorry for your loss.Monday marks 5 months since I held my precious Holly as she was helped over the bridge. The pain was unbearable at first but as Keshwar's post says, the sleeps get longer. Take care of yourself xx

Such a raw subject for me too, just know you are not alone, I gave my heart dog her wings 3 months ago.

You are never ready to say goodbye, it still sends a shock through my system when I think about her, the tough times are when I am lying in bed at night, trying to go to sleep, and I get a jolt and immense grief overwhelms me. I still have trouble accepting she is gone.

Hugs to you, so sorry for your loss, thoughts are with you.

Ray

You don't let go. You keep them with you long after you've said goodbye. You gave your girl the best care, during her life and at the end.

I'm crying for your loss and for mine.

sending you hugs.

I relate to much to these two posts... I lost my Panto 4 months ago yet still feel like she hasn't gone, like she is just with her grandparents on an extended holiday. Smile when you think of her, cry when you need to, talk about her as much as you want to and let the memories of her wags warm your heart. It blooming sucks and I cry with you and send you huge hugs at this time. :grouphug: