Peter Sandoe Ethics Of Dog Breeding Talk In Bendigo Thursday 29/10 At

Diana R

Popping this up here in case anyone is interested and wants to come along.

The session is open to the public and RSVP is just for catering, so please come along even if you haven't replied to the email below. The venue is the La Trobe Visual Arts Center at 121 View St, Bendigo (VIC).

Thursday 29 October, 6pm

La Trobe University Public seminar: Selective breeding of dogs: can we stay good while playing God?

The presenter of this seminar, Peter Sandoe, has been a Professor of Bioethics at the University of Copenhagen since 1997. Presently his chair is divided between the Department of Large Animal Sciences and the Department of Food and Resource Economics. He is trained in philosophy, but more recently his research has focused on bioethics, in particular on ethical issues related to animals, biotechnology and food production. Refreshments served

Register at: [email protected]

Cost: Free

Pauleen and the Anthrozoology Research Group crew videotaped the lecture - fingers crossed that it turns out well so they can pop it up to share. I'll pop the link up here if and when that happens.

Peter has a new book out too, but it's not been released in Australia yet :)

Pauleen and the Anthrozoology Research Group crew videotaped the lecture - fingers crossed that it turns out well so they can pop it up to share. I'll pop the link up here if and when that happens.

Peter has a new book out too, but it's not been released in Australia yet :)

I would be interested in this too if a link can be provided