Please Delete

Pretty remote but our neighbour has a contact who often talks about the rescue huskies he & wife foster. I could pass on this request to neighbour to give to him... but that neighbour is on holidays, will be back this Wednesday. I don't even know if the neighbour would be willing to pass it on. But, if so, is there some direct way the man could contact whoever is trying to help the family with the husky, like an email address or phone no.

Only other suggestion, I wonder if the excellent Red Collar Rescue which works out of Biggenden would help with temporary fostering (as they're in a country area with very experienced carers). I can't speak for them, of course. Mightn't hurt if whoever's trying to help the family asks.

Yes that's the problem, they may have to surrender him to rescue unfortunately, it's a big ask to find someone who will take a dog for a couple of months, Mita they can email me on [email protected] He does sound like a great dog very well trained etc.

Edited by SueM

Not sure how much they could afford to spend but they might be able to buy/rent some temporary fencing to create a dog run or block problem areas of the fence.

I did a quick gumtree search around Brisbane and there are quite a few listings. $25 per panel is pretty reasonable; although this wire is not as strong as welded mesh. http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/yatala/building-materials/temporary-fencing-fence-in-dogs-create-a-chicken-coop/1092884375

If they can run the pen along a side of the house then you only need half as much fencing and can make a decent sized dog run.

Second hand chicken wire or avery mesh is good for dig-proofing if needed.

Alternatively, can they leave the dog inside when they aren't home?

Bummer. I have the same issue with my fences. Luckily my landlord/agents just don't give a rats at all so I can have my dogs inside and I have borrowed temp fencing panels and built a dog run for my current foster

Again depending on how tight finances are, sometimes shelters offer 'hardship' discounts for short/medium term boarding. I'm not familiar with the QLD shelters unfortunately, but in VIC we have 4 or so in metro Melb that offer free or heavily subsidised boarding. I'd contact RSPCA and ask them.

Also the lady who runs SHAMROQ works at AWL so would be a good person to potentially ask about that as she would most likely have knowledge of any similar schemes in QLD. I can get in touch with her directly for you if you'd like?