2016 Training Goals!

I'm moving to Armidale. So still far away from all the excitement!

I really liked Armidale when I visited! We were staying in Glen Innes (also very nice)

I'm pretty excited, I'd rather move to New Zealand though :laugh:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Most of next year will be focusing on showing but I would like to do Rally O with him so will be doing some training for that, but most of all I want him have fun with his training. Think were pretty limited with a bulldog because they are also really stubborn :laugh: Training and showing will be a new adventure for both of us and I cant wait :D

Edited by whitka

I'm moving to Armidale. So still far away from all the excitement!

I really liked Armidale when I visited! We were staying in Glen Innes (also very nice)

I'm pretty excited, I'd rather move to New Zealand though :laugh:

I was just in Auckland ( got back last night ) and will be back next month :)

• 2 months later...

Don't have many plans this year and none of last years completed due to Jovi having 7-8 months off for puppies ????

Jovi

ADM

JDM

Maybe attempt a retrieving trial

My plans aren't big due to raising littermates, they are currently 15 weeks old and just enjoying being puppies at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

Do it or Elsie CDX UDX JDX AD RA TT1 (Elsie)

Earn ADX title

Top 5 placing in Jumpers A

Top 5 placing in Senior

Jumpers A challenge certificate

Senior challenge certificate

Retrain tracking/try to stop the bunny tracking

Earn WDX title

Pass a Level 2 track

Qualify & earn points towards coursing ability title

Ch Alarves Completely Awesome (Imp-Aus) (Ping)

Finish conformation championship title

Qualify & earn points towards coursing champion title

Start training CD exercises

Keep up with tracking training

Start on RN title

Learn weaves

Learn contacts

Compete in Jumpers C agility

Compete in Starters agility

Compete in Novice agility

Edited by Podengo

I hate acronyms ;) so I only have tiny little goals :)

- proof recall away from exciting things like dogs, dididog, wallabies and rabbits <- priority

- a nice close concentrated heel

- to get sit, stand, drop, pivots both ways and back from a distance of 5+ metres

- hold items in mouth while moving

- stop barking at guests in the house

- to get lifetime membership at my obedience class (we will BOTH need to pass advanced)

Earn ADX title

Top 5 placing in Senior

Earn WDX title

Pass a Level 2 track

Qualify & earn points towards coursing ability title

Start on RN title

Learn weaves

Learn contacts

We were at the same agility show last weekend as Podengo and knocked off a couple of goals:

Ohutu Gaelic Blues ADX JDX CDX UDX WDX RE aka Gael

-Try and get more clear rounds than we did in Agility in 2015 (only 10% of runs were clear). Do less Jumpers A in 2016, as it is too much tricky handling for me and I don't enjoy it.

-Keep working towards RAE title, hard when in NZ you need to get 95 in Advanced B and 100 in Excellent B, plus we don't get to a lot of rally shows.

Eclaireur du Montier JD RA QC aka Scout

-Finish JD title (on 23/25, so only needs 2)

-Start working on JDX title (will need another 25 CRC as she is unlikely to get it by winning Jumpers B 3 times)long term goal.

-Try and add some more Field Trial CC (with my husband).

Ohutu Kepler's Mission RA aka Kep

-RE title

-Enter Novice obedience? (not sure)

-CDX title

-Start competing in Jumpers early in year got his first clear round at his first show, and his first ribbon too, a 2nd place.

-Start competing in Agility mid year

Holmbrook Counting Stars aka Camo

-I have done Rally with my last 5 dogs so hope to do Novice with Camo in 2016.

-Natural ability test via New Zealand Versatile Hunting Dog Test Association, next one is in April

• 1 month later...

My training and trialling time has been significantly reduced the past couple of years and will continue to be so for another year, but I will come play in this thread for fun :)

My goals for next year include:

Ruby

ADX title

RM title

NRD title :crossfingers:

And give a restricted retrieving trial a crack just for sh!ts and giggles

Millie

JDM title

RM title

Pippa

ADX title

JDM title

CD title

RN title

Me

Hopefully finally graduate uni with my own hard-earned title after my name laugh.gif

Pippa gained her CD title this past weekend with her third novice win winner.gif

She also gained her JDM title the weekend before last :)

She had her first go at Rally Novice last weekend too, with a nice pass of 99/100. Ruby and Millie each have one RM pass under their belts as well. Really enjoying Rally Masters, it's a nice challenge for the human to remember the signs! laugh.gif

Edited by RubyStar

Read about your great weekend with the clever kids, RS. :thumbsup::champagne: Super well done.

Two Rally trials for us in the last coupe of weekends .. Rally Masters is challenging, but fun. Interestingly, at this weekend's trial, it was the Novice/Advance signs in the RM course that tended to trip people up .. I think a lot of us had been working so hard on the Masters signs, we'd forgotten than there are going to be lots of other signs in the course. Happy to say that after a stumbling start to Masters ..one very ordinary Q, and one where I gave up in disgust .. at me, rather than the dog :bolt: , ROry and I got our act together better on Saturday for a 97 1st place and a 94 2nd place in RM. That felt better .. but we still need work.

Back to agility this weekend .. but with nowhere near enough training. Oh well, we shall see.

Firstly, learn what all these initials mean!

As my pup wont be here for 8 weeks, its a very large but small puppy goal list:

Focus - on me

Relationship and bond between us

Establish pup in our pack of dogs safely

Triangle of temptation from day 1 onward

Have fun together

Toilet training

Use training record

Socialization/desensitizing to animals; ducks, geese, cows, sheep, grandchildren

Crate training, including car traveling in crate to club twice weekly

Camping trips

Recall

Sit

Drop

Stand

Heeling/find the left leg

The "out" on command

Rear end awareness

BH ready @ 6 months lol

My training and trialling time has been significantly reduced the past couple of years and will continue to be so for another year, but I will come play in this thread for fun :)

Ruby

ADX title

RM title

Millie

JDM title

RM title

Pippa

ADX title

JDM title

CD title

RN title

Me

Hopefully finally graduate uni with my own hard-earned title after my name laugh.gif

Millie finally got her JDM title tonight. Woohoo! thumbsup1.gif She has now officially earnt her retirement from agility :)

Read about your great weekend with the clever kids, RS. :thumbsup::champagne: Super well done.

Two Rally trials for us in the last coupe of weekends .. Rally Masters is challenging, but fun. Interestingly, at this weekend's trial, it was the Novice/Advance signs in the RM course that tended to trip people up .. I think a lot of us had been working so hard on the Masters signs, we'd forgotten than there are going to be lots of other signs in the course. Happy to say that after a stumbling start to Masters ..one very ordinary Q, and one where I gave up in disgust .. at me, rather than the dog :bolt: , ROry and I got our act together better on Saturday for a 97 1st place and a 94 2nd place in RM. That felt better .. but we still need work.

Back to agility this weekend .. but with nowhere near enough training. Oh well, we shall see.

Well done in rally! Masters sure can be tricky eek1.gif My girls have had 3 goes each and have only managed 1 pass each so far. But the errors are mainly mine, not theirs laugh.gif

Ruby

ADX title

RM title

Millie

JDM title

RM title

Pippa

ADX title

JDM title

CD title

RN title

Me

Millie finally got her JDM title tonight. Woohoo! thumbsup1.gif She has now officially earnt her retirement from agility :)

:thumbsup: Super work Miss Millie (with help from RA I guess!).. you can really enjoy your retirement now .. although if you're like my Kirra, you'll demand to keep joining in training.

:thumbsup: Super work Miss Millie (with help from RA I guess!).. you can really enjoy your retirement now .. although if you're like my Kirra, you'll demand to keep joining in training.

Oh yes, she won't want to miss out! I will enter her in the odd games trial we have (had already entered her in the one in 2 weeks time), and keep doing Rally with her :) But as for general agility/jumping, no more trials for her. Have just done my online entries for the WA State agility trial in April, an already noticeable difference in my reduced entry fees minus one dog!! Still running the other 2, though, and that isn't cheap laugh.gif

Earn ADX title

Top 5 placing in Senior

Earn WDX title

Pass a Level 2 track

Qualify & earn passes towards coursing ability title

Poor Elsie is out with a broken metatarsal at the moment so is living the couch life (and hating it)

Earn 50 points towards Coursing Champion

Earn Coursing Champion (100 points)

Start on RN title

Learn weaves

Learn contacts

Edited by Podengo

• 3 weeks later...

Ruby

ADX title

RM title

Millie

JDM title

RM title

Pippa

ADX title

JDM title

CD title

RN title

New goals:

+ ADM

+ RA

Me

The little ninja gained her ADX and RN titles the past 2 weekends, which brings us to the end of our training goals for the year already laugh.gif

I shall extend on our goals then I guess! I'm not sure how realistic it will be to go for anything else this year due to my schedule, but I may as well aim big and go for ADM and RA thumbsup1.gif ADM will be a massive one, this is the first dog I've had a real chance to try Masters Agility with. Will at least give it a red hot go :D

• 4 weeks later...

As I now know Im getting a pup I want to focus on my training techniques, its been over 10 years since Ive had a puppy. With a few weeks to study up, Im hoping I wont break it :eek:

Integrate pup into family (eager Mr 4)

Complete crate training (breeder starts this)

Have fun together

Toilet training

Socialization/desensitizing to animals; chickens,horses and children are the ones I can find locally

Camping trips, hubby is eager for this and has already booked one for October.

Recall

Sit

Drop

Stand

Train "outside' command

Alone time training. I work so I want to encourage play time on his own.

Lose lead walking, being he is a bigger dog than Ive previously owned I want to gain his trust walking while hes young.