Another Dog Bed Thread!

Jemmy

I want to get Luna a new bed but I'm a bit torn on costs. I really like the look of the Henry Hottie beds, but at the same time for a GSD size we're looking at over $150.

The other thing I was thinking of was buying a cot size mattress and sewing my own cover for it...

I've also made stuffed fleece beds for her in the past but I'm wanting something that's giving a bit more support, she rearranges herself throughout the night so I feel like she's not that comfy.

What's everyone else's opinion? Is that much money worth it for a great quality bed?

I bought an Orvis dog bed a few years ago and couldn't be happier. It's an overseas company so I bought the cover only and stuffed the inserts with polyester from spotlight when I got it.

The bed looks as good today as the day I bought it and it's had two dogs sleeping and playing on it. It unzips and goes through the wash and you can decide how firm you want it by the stuffing you put in.

It is really comfortable (yes I say this from experience lol) and the dogs choose this over the couch which I love. It's worth looking at the range, there's so many shapes and sizes. The customer service was the best I've ever had too.

http://m.orvis.com/store/product_search_tnail.aspx?keyword=Dog+bed+cover+

20150912_122340_zpsralooipk.jpg

image.jpg2_zpszxdft1ec.jpg

20141129_114308_zpsvkszsunf.jpg

I've had my henry hottie beds for 2 years now, and they are holding up awesomely.

Still look great, and are just as plush as they were. In contrast my fuzz yard beds are now getting a bit flat and you can feel the floor through them. I just cut a hole in the bottom and re-add stuffing, so its not the end of the world, But i like that i haven't had to do that to the HH beds at all. Plus the Australian made appeals to me :)

the orvis ones look really good!

Costco beds are fantastic. All my greys love them, and there's lots of room for stretching out, and very well priced.

(Sorry to hijack) could you possibly post a photo please? I need a new dog bed and a have a friend that belongs to Costco :)

I kind of want to see too! :rofl:

I've been known to meet people at Costco and shop for them (only members can buy but nothing to stop others giving me the cash). :thumbsup: I especially like the memory foam for Benny who is quite arthritic. He sleeps on one of the middle beds and it's his bed of choice if he can't have the bolster. I think because it's a bit higher and firm it gives him the support he needs whilst still bring comfortable and snugly.