Does Anyone Know What This Meant Look Like?

WildatHeart

Does anyone know what this might look like? I'm unable to get to the vets until tomorrow afternoon. The video was taken this morning and today is pretty bad. Yesterday just slightly sore and then a few days prior only very mildly lame (that mild my partner couldn't even tell when i said she looked a bit sore). I have noticed her stretching her leg out like this, I've seen it probably once a day in the mornings. She's 5 months old. I have tried to restrict her activity as much as possible. I have a second dog and they romp and play alot but not sure if she's damaged something from that.

New link My link

Edited by WildatHeart

My first thought is knee issues... either luxating patella, or maybe even a cruciate strain/tear?

Did it come on after some strenuous play, or has it come on slowly?

Her reluctance to get up quickly, favouring that leg, and the stretching mean that she really needs to see a vet and have some xrays done at the very least.

You are right to keep her quiet until you have an official diagnosis.

T.

Broken bone, Iliopsoas strain, and a heap of other possibilities- muscular, ligament or joint.

Also if it's something that continues beyond a day or so I would suggest rehab to prevent compensation and further injury particularly in a puppy.

Best of luck.