Vet Recommendations

dougal

Wondering if anybody can recommend a good, practical vet. My regular vet with a lifetime of experience retired a little while ago and now I have a new pup I'm looking to find somebody that understands the needs of a show dog ie doesn't want to take a set of clippers to it!

Ian Murdoch at Pennant Hills Vet Hospital.

I travel 40 mins (without traffic) across Sydney to see him. Very experienced, very pragmatic and just plain nice. My animals are always very comfortable with him. Been using him nearly 10 years.

Thank you :thumbsup: Happy to drive, have travelled an hour to my old vet, but always good in an emergency to have some one a bit closer. I have a vet 5 mins walk away, but last time I went there they wanted to do so many tests......my regular vet told me what to pick up at the pharmacy and all fixed, no tests needed just experience :) when my dog had a tick, let me do any clipping that was needed. Always suspicious of vets that take the dog away so you can't see how they are being treated.

Asquith Vet is fantastic! Avoid Greencross at Turramurra (formerly Kuringai Vet) at all costs, they're terrible since they changed hands.

GReencross is just down the road from and I would never go there. I travel to Hornsby.

:offtopic: I heard an interview on radio and the guy who owns the Petbarn company also has an interest in Greencross in Queensland.

Hello Dougal,

our local Vet is in Collaroy Plateau, we cannot speak highly enough of them !!! :) Have been seeing Dr Boston since 1987 and cannot speak highly enough of the man and his practice. It is small but there is love :)

If you need more info, please contact us.