Dry Food Storage

Jemmy

How do you store your pets dry food? I was using a pedal bin but apparently ants can get up inside it :mad

Edit: I'm thinking of asking my OH to make me something like this that I can just put the whole bag of dog/cat food in, our feed bags have a zip close so they'd be sealed from ants that way...

6b40ead76564edfbce5ef8411038294a.jpg

Edited by Jemmy

large round garbage bin with those lids that twist and lock -- haven't had troubles with ants in this house but before the bin we had some mice trouble

I was only feeding dry to put weight on my old boy

eta: then we have those decor cereal plastic containers inside

Edited by Vehs

I break up a bag into separate plastic containers and store them in a lidded tub designed to hold a bag of food. I hope this keeps it from going stale because I just use it in kongs etc and it takes ages to get through one bag.

I have two of those Pro Plan storage bins that come up every now and then on specials at pet stores. A lovely Doler got me one even though I wasn't feeding ProPlan, then I ended up feeding Proplan at the right time one year. They are metal and have really great seals on them.

I have two of those Pro Plan storage bins that come up every now and then on specials at pet stores. A lovely Doler got me one even though I wasn't feeding ProPlan, then I ended up feeding Proplan at the right time one year. They are metal and have really great seals on them.

I have 3 of those...one of the cats will get the lid off if it's not 100% secured but he's a persistent little rascal and otherwise they're great. 2 with Dalmatians and 1 with an Aussie!

Edited by The Spotted Devil

Amazing - I was reorganising the laundry today and thought to myself I really need to get a container for Sarah's dry food - and open DOL and there's a thread! thumbsup1.gif

So what would be the best container to go on a laundry bench for a 12 kg bag of Earthborn? What do others keep their big bags of dry food in?

Edited by westiemum

I have 3 of those...one of the cats will get the lid off if it's not 100% secured but he's a persistent little rascal and otherwise they're great. 2 with Dalmatians and 1 with an Aussie!

That's a clever cat!

The lids on mine are really damn tight! I've snapped nails trying to open them a few times.

Both mine have Aussies on them, I wanted the dally on the second one but they had ran out :(

I use these too, they're great.

Mine all got dents in them and I couldn't shut the lids!

I'm using plastic bins I got with dry food. I think one is optimim and another euk. They last pretty well and stack on top of each other (one has cat food one dog food )

I just have a storage container, with snaps on all the edges.

like one of these- but its has about 6 clips rather than 2 at each end. I bought it at bunnings.

No Ant, dog or cat issues yet.

I don't know how fresh it keeps it, like rover it just goes in songs and gets scattered on the lawn occasionally- so also lasts forever- but the dogs still seem to enjoy it :laugh:

SIM32LTCL_simply_32l_storage_tub_clear.jpg