Farmer Dave

DeltaCharlie

I just saw this article pop up on my news feed tonight. I knew that there was something in the works and something on TV tonight but we have no tv at the moment.

What does this mean now? Has he been charged or is he facing charges (is that the same thing?) Is it simply a matter of fines for him or could something like that carry bans from working with animals?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to see him banned. A massive money making enterprise in a scenario where so many things can and seemingly do go wrong causing animals to suffer. Wags the Cavalier endured a horrific attack which killed him, at some point. The treatment his owner endured (and other owners whose animals had problems there of one kind or another) has been vile.

I'd love to see the back of FD.

RIP Wags.

Edited by Her Majesty Dogmad

I only heard about this for the first time today :( poor Wags.

We used to send our boy to doggy day care, not anymore (he got expelled for being too noisy one day). It's only now that he doesn't go that I think of all the things that could potentially go wrong. I looked at FD's Facebook page, it looks like a great facility at first glance, but there are far too many dogs and not enough supervision for such a large facility, also, the fencing doesn't seem adequate.

I feel so sad for the owner of Wags, can't imagine the heartbreak of not being able to take her beautiful dog home alive and well at the end of the day. And what a horrific end :( RIP Wags

I remember posting on his page about it.

I said perhaps alot of working dogs together might work if supervised properly, but when you added lots of different breeds into the mix its a recipe for disaster. i also suggested he had covered up the death by burying wags before his owner could collect him, and that he should just accept he stuffed up, look at his setup and fix it.

Well , i got called some really nasty names by his followers , just full on attack, so i just didn't respond or look at the page again.

He is very good at playing the victim, he did it well on BB.

He has setup in a very affluent growing area, ( on the same property as live baiting was filmed, which he apparently knew nothing about, even though he is dating the owners son)

That's what I didn't like about the way he handled it.

He denied it to start with - for at least a week - until the autopsy came back.

The right thing to do - in my opinion - would be admit there was a stuff up, investigate, pay for the autopsy and change the set up so big dogs are separated from little dogs and there would be more supervision, and less dogs out together at the same time.

And I'd definitely want to see a better dog pen system than plastic crates stacked on top of each other out in the open.

Yes, that's what i thought, admit you got it wrong.There was the other story of the bulldog that escaped from his place got hit by a car and he wouldn't pay the vet bills.And i think at least one other dog has been injured or died there too, just cant remember.

I understood there was another escapee hit by a car who died. If you are going to run a facility of this type then you'd better have bloody good, inescapable fencing and double gates, ie plenty of procedures in place to stop someone's dog getting out.

While I agree, accidents do happen. I think one of the worst parts of this scenario is his poir attitude. Im so glad wags' owner had the strength to fight him on this.

I understood there was another escapee hit by a car who died. If you are going to run a facility of this type then you'd better have bloody good, inescapable fencing and double gates, ie plenty of procedures in place to stop someone's dog getting out.

While I agree, accidents do happen. I think one of the worst parts of this scenario is his poir attitude. Im so glad wags' owner had the strength to fight him on this.

Accidents happen but poor management leads to a lot of accidents. After Wags was killed and the other stories started coming out, a reporter went to interview Dave and do a story on it and yet another dog escaped while the cameras were running. It was only caught because people were right there when it happened.

Absolutely. Agree. Have followed this since Fansu _ the dog who went missing at xmas.

• 1 month later...

Dr Katrina has just posted on FB a lost dog notice 'Pippin' lost from the Farmer Dave Dog Centre. She's a brown and white border collie, hence Dr Katrina's interest I guess. Missing since yesterday morning.

I can understand that sometimes accidents happen but how often does this happen at other kennels?

Dr Katrina has just posted on FB a lost dog notice 'Pippin' lost from the Farmer Dave Dog Centre. She's a brown and white border collie, hence Dr Katrina's interest I guess. Missing since yesterday morning.

I can understand that sometimes accidents happen but how often does this happen at other kennels?

I worked at an enormous kennel (much bigger than FD's and a higher number of dogs) that had major issues IMO for nearly three years. No escapes.