Little Red Man’S Roller Coaster Journey:

Loving my Oldies

But is it all better now? Shoddy job from last time fixed?

:cry: :cry: In places you’d hardly know it had been fixed. Cost me a small fortune and the guy was incredibly slow. 6 weeks, 10 hours a day to do windows (inside and out) doors, skirting boards and architraves. If I asked him to fix something up (such as paint runs) he just about had hysterics - and I’m not joking :eek: . Extraordinary. I could write a book. I had three new doors done and one he’d painted rather badly leaving rolls of paint and a couple of runs. He kept on saying he couldn’t see it so I took a photograph. He finally (after we’d discussed it at least 4-5 times) fixed it. If he wanted to do something and I said, no it was fine, he argued; if I asked him to do something, he argued. It will take a while to get over the whole debacle. :( :( Edited by Dame Danny's Darling

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

have you seen these dog halo vests?

maybe you can make one for Danny

https://www.google.c...iw=1375&bih=805

Thanks, Boronia. At the moment, Danny is pretty good about not bumping into things. He has found going blind a little more difficult that it could have been because it happened fairly quickly and when he was already 15-16. But there are times when he just paces around the deck, into the house, around the house, etc etc and I watch him very carefully. He gets caught up in chair legs, etc etc, but he doesn’t seem to get fussed about it, thank goodness. I make a point of taking him downstairs several times a day and sometimes he spends quite a bit of time sniffing around, and others he comes back up pretty well after he has had a wee. Yesterday, I took a wonderful video to have for the future. He was looking very resplendent in a tartan patterned coat :love::love:

But is it all better now? Shoddy job from last time fixed?

:cry: :cry: In places you’d hardly know it had been fixed. Cost me a small fortune and the guy was incredibly slow. 6 weeks, 10 hours a day to do windows (inside and out) doors, skirting boards and architraves. If I asked him to fix something up (such as paint runs) he just about had hysterics - and I’m not joking :eek: . Extraordinary. I could write a book. I had three new doors done and one he’d painted rather badly leaving rolls of paint and a couple of runs. He kept on saying he couldn’t see it so I took a photograph. He finally (after we’d discussed it at least 4-5 times) fixed it. If he wanted to do something and I said, no it was fine, he argued; if I asked him to do something, he argued. It will take a while to get over the whole debacle. :( :(

Oh dear

Yesterday, I took a wonderful video to have for the future. He was looking very resplendent in a tartan patterned coat :love::love:

Pics of Little Red Man in tartan coat pls. :D

LOL. I'll get one tomorrow.

How is he going DDD?

and...

tartan coat piccies please :coffee:

Sorry, Boronia. I haven’t forgotten, but with all the rain and everything ......

My little boy is a bit poorly and we have been to the vet. He is starting to cough more and on Sunday night he coughed all night long. Not a great hacking cough, just quiet sneezy like coughs. At one stage, I was just propped up on pillows cuddling him. My usual vet for Danny is on holidays (how DARE he!!), but I saw another whom I trust every bit as much. She took some xrays and his heart is a tiny bit enlarged and pushing a little bit on his trachea. This vet saw him at his worst because he was tired and had thrown up a few times, so she kept on saying, “Poor little fellow.” You can imagine how that made me feel :cry: :cry: His coughing is mainly, but not all, airways related and she suggested some flusapex. He has been on this before, but he would drink hugely and then bring it all back up :(

Anyway he had a better night last night, but is still very tired and instead of wandering aimlessly around the house as he has started to do, he is tucked up beside the heater.

Oooops - just looked down and who do I see has joined us in the study? He still has some hearing because I clapped my hands and called his name. Up goes the tail and over he comes. Unfortunately, activity seems to start his coughing.

The vet asked me to call her today so I will do that shortly.

Dear little manwhat a trooper

:love: Yep, I reckon he is.

He's gorgeous DD - the oldies are so precious - good to see he's still pottering around. smile.gif

He hasn’t been doing is so much in the past few days, but he has taken to walking and walking and walking around the house, so I call him Ramblin’ Boy. Look up on youtube Tom Paxton.

• 3 weeks later...

Our journey continues, but very slowly and haltingly. Danny is an amazing little dog, despite all his health problems. he continues to be good natured, tail wags whenever I return if I’ve been out, he takes his meds with absolutely no complaint.

However, his kidneys are failing and with the different health problems he has, this is almost impossible to control :cry: :cry: . Discussions with the vet this morning confirm that it is now just a watching brief - she thinks weeks, not months - and I do not believe it is time for him to go, I see no signs of unresolved pain or desperateness in his eyes.

Such a precious little fellow:

IMG_0607_zpsoqcumor9.jpg