Dogs V Dog Beds V Dog Mats, Blankets, Towels And Toppers

westiemum

As a follow on from my thread on dog beds for seniors, I was wondering how many dogs v dog beds v dog mats, blankets, towels and toppers do you have?

I was a bit shocked when I actually counted mine - all my actual dog beds are many years old. I have two old raised dog beds, three small faux sheepskin doughnut type beds (but I can't find one I've just realised), and two very old falling apart soft side dog beds for three (now two) westies. The two old soft sided ones are gong in the rubbish in the next week.

And I've just bought four new good quality dog beds - two for the laundry and two for the lounge (In my defence, the lounge beds were a bit of retail therapy after Mac went to God).embarrass.gif

But its the mats and rugs where it gets really interesting - I have three large pieces of vet bed, four small mats (two types), two small pieces of faux fleece, a pink 'hairy' mat for Sarah, two or three sets of pet Connis, multiple old dog towels, three old mohair rugs for their beds for winter, two old pillows and at least 6 or 8 Ikea acrylic blankets (which they love!).

So how many do you have? Who else has a bit of an addiction to dog beds, mats and blankets? How many do you think is too many? embarrass.giflaugh.gif

Edited by westiemum

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG I can't even begin to count the blankies! Mainly polar fleece throws at $5 a pop from K-Mart. But I have two large wire crates in the house with bedding in them, then there is the single bed mattress on the floor in the lounge plus the couch. Then I have 3 tramp beds under cover outside, a double kennel and 2 more tramp beds in the yard. The kennel has raised floor within with bean bags and blankies. The under cover tramp beds should have bedding but Phoebe often drags it around the yard. Not a big problem in the warmer weather. Then there are the multiple dog coats of different sizes and thicknesses for each dog depending on the weather. Dry dog bedding, I think about 10 pieces. I just washed some, it's around 7 years old and does as bedding in the car and mats on the floor but I think the 3 pieces I washed today might not make it back into the house. Oh and I have a couple of heated dog beds that the cat usually sleeps on and 2 memory foam mats as well. Plus my queen size bed. And the hessian covered mats in the corner of my bedroom with blankies on it. I think that is it :rofl:

PS and 3 old pillows for them to rest their heads on, on a couple of the inside spots :laugh:

Edited by Rebanne

omg I don't even want to count. I have one dog and she has......7 beds! :eek: I'm seriously an addict. To be fair, one is in her crate and another two are in the car. The rest are scattered around the house. And the cat shares them. (Although the cat has an additional 3 kitty beds for herself....) I'm not sure how it all fits in my house. Also have about 4 blankies so not too bad on that front, about 5 towels, 2 mats and one large piece of vet bed.

OMG I can't even begin to count the blankies! Mainly polar fleece throws at $5 a pop from K-Mart. But I have two large wire crates in the house with bedding in them, then there is the single bed mattress on the floor in the lounge plus the couch. Then I have 3 tramp beds under cover outside, a double kennel and 2 more tramp beds in the yard. The kennel has raised floor within with bean bags and blankies. The under cover tramp beds should have bedding but Phoebe often drags it around the yard. Not a big problem in the warmer weather. Then there are the multiple dog coats of different sizes and thicknesses for each dog depending on the weather. Dry dog bedding, I think about 10 pieces. I just washed some, it's around 7 years old and does as bedding in the car and mats on the floor but I think the 3 pieces I washed today might not make it back into the house. Oh and I have a couple of heated dog beds that the cat usually sleeps on and 2 memory foam mats as well. Plus my queen size bed. And the hessian covered mats in the corner of my bedroom with blankies on it. I think that is it :rofl:

PS and 3 old pillows for them to rest their heads on, on a couple of the inside spots :laugh:

rofl1.gifrofl1.gifrofl1.gif Oh you make me feel so much better Rebanne!! thumbsup1.gif I forgot to add my queen size bed, the cushions on the lounge the Sarah has commandeered and the snuggle safe heated pads!! rofl1.gif

omg I don't even want to count. I have one dog and she has......7 beds! :eek: I'm seriously an addict. To be fair, one is in her crate and another two are in the car. The rest are scattered around the house. And the cat shares them. (Although the cat has an additional 3 kitty beds for herself....) I'm not sure how it all fits in my house. Also have about 4 blankies so not too bad on that front, about 5 towels, 2 mats and one large piece of vet bed.

rofl1.gifrofl1.gifrofl1.gif Hmm... from a ratio perspective thats a pretty big haul SC!! rofl1.gif

Lets see, in 9 months I have aquired: Two "official" dog beds. One work-in-progress dog bed which has 4 blankets on it (currently all over the floor). Two "place" mats. One small mat. Two towels. One pillow.

She has three dog coats.

Yes but Thistle how many dogs for this haul??? laugh.giflaugh.gif

Dozer has his outside trampoline bed and his crate, which has a bolster mat, which is made into a bed with a cotton sheet and he also has a polar fleece blankie in there for when it's cold. Once we get new pillows I'll add a couple of our old ones to the crate, yay for Dozey growing out of his I'm going to destroy my bedding phase.

He's also got a little crochet blankie for when he's chilling with me in my craft room, which more often than not you'll find him on top of a single sized foam mattress, which is folded in half and then the blanket sits like a target so he knows where to go sleep.

Lets see, in 9 months I have aquired: Two "official" dog beds. One work-in-progress dog bed which has 4 blankets on it (currently all over the floor). Two "place" mats. One small mat. Two towels. One pillow.

She has three dog coats.

1 very lucky dog XD at least the bed I'm slowly building seems to be her favourite!

Next you'll want a toy tally ;)

She has three dog coats.

1 very lucky dog XD at least the bed I'm slowly building seems to be her favourite!

Next you'll want a toy tally ;)

rofl1.gifrofl1.gif Way you go!!! rofl1.gifrofl1.gif

Yes but westiemum both dogs normally end up on my bed :rofl:. I am thinking I need to upgrade as 2 BCs don't leave much room for me on a Double bed.

rofl1.gifrofl1.gif About the equivalent of three westies - but I suspect yours do the "I need to stretch out across the whole of the bed including your side' much more effectively than my lot!!rofl1.gifrofl1.gif

I've given up on buying nice dog beds. Or crappy ones. They end up dragged through the bush then ripped to shreds crying.gif

So they get old towels or $15 Kmart quilts to sleep on if they even choose to sleep on anything.

I'm thinking of getting some vet bed for the dogs for Christmas, though. They shouldn't be able to destroy that and it's great stuff thumbsup1.gif My SIL has some and I'm so envious of it haha. Plus it's got cute patterns. :)