What's Your Favorite Command / Trick?

Scottsmum

Just for fun...

Mine is "where's your monkey" which will result in any soft squeaky toy being retrieved from where ever the hell it was last left and pushed on to you.

Current fav "monkey" is a 50 cent reindeer from last years post xmas sales which is always carefully and lovingly looked after. Not torn limb from limb like all other plush toys.

Such a good way to distract him when I'm trying to have a coffee in peace.

I think Elsie's best trick is her play dead (especially as being still is very hard for her!)

We say "bang!" and she drops to the floor on her side and lays flat, but sometimes her tail still wags so then you say "are you dead?" and her legs give a little kick and she stops wagging her tail. Can't teach her to close her eyes though haha

One of my favourites that I seem to have taught by accident...

"you want some cheese??? What do you think you should do to make that happen?"

Luna: sits for about 10 seconds, trots off to her toy box and rummages around for a bit, comes back with one of her favourite toys and presents it to me. :laugh:

It's most likely she has no clue what to do so reverts to a toy, but it's the funniest thing to watch.

I used to have a female Rotti named Blossom who was so huge when she was pregnant that she couldn't scratch between her boobies, so we used to do it for her... the command was "show us yer tits" and she'd roll over and offer her big fat boobies for a scratch... it stuck long after the boobies went down, and was a fave party trick... *giggle*

T.

I get in trouble if I wake up the girlchild from her arvo nap so bear is trained to go open her door and if that doesn't work we tell bear to wake her up and she sticks her nose in the girlchilds ear :laugh: soooo handy

We've had a few awkward moments when we tell bear to open the door when it's been closed and latched properly...I get a very filthy doggie look then after she faceplants into the door

Not sure how it happened but if we are off leash and Stussy gets too far away we tell Wolf to "Go get Stussy!"and just like a working dog she does - drives her straight back in our direction. She's a husky/shep cross so never done any farm work but she has the round up the strays technique pretty much mastered.

My favourite trick for dozer is "go wake dad up ", which involves him racing through the house, busting through the bedroom door which I may have left slightly open and covering OH in kisses with a loud RooRooing.

Favourite trick that doesn't involve waking up the boys or OH is bang you're dead.

We can't stop the tail wagging though!

My favourite is Hide your eyes. I say 'feet up' and tap the side of the coffee table or couch. She puts her feet up, looks at me and I say hide your eyes. She drops her face between her front legs and holds it there until I say ok. He tail wags like mad and it looks sooo cute!

my brother Labrador Missy..

put the bowl of food down and say "stolen"

she sit there gazing at the food from the corner of her eye, drooling with her tail wagging just at the end.

then the words

"paid for"

and Missy almost literally dives into the bowl..food flying everywhere as she shovels it in with gay abandon.. as would any self respecting Lab.

H

Jingo's fav is the "go go" game. I ask if he wants to play, he bolts to the back door and waits for me.I stand at the sliding door and ask if he is ready.... really ready, then go, go, go. He bounds off the deck, and tears around the garden shed, and bounds back up to the back door, ready to go again! Kira waits at the Garden shed, and spins as he is bolting towards her.... repeat until batteries are flat! (usually mine!, lol)

But the bestest trick ever is just being themselves and brightening my day.

Maybe .... ;) Ha ha jokes.

I do agree, just not pre-coffee. After a week sleeping on an air mattress. After a night with a foxie firmly wedged up my bum ... cause ... ya know... he was comfy there...

How does something only 40cm tall and 10 kilos take up do much room?

But the bestest trick ever is just being themselves and brightening my day.

Maybe .... ;) Ha ha jokes.

I do agree, just not pre-coffee. After a week sleeping on an air mattress. After a night with a foxie firmly wedged up my bum ... cause ... ya know... he was comfy there...

How does something only 40cm tall and 10 kilos take up do much room?

determination and practice.... :D :D

H

Ares will 'give me a kiss' (although sometimes it's more like a black eye :laugh: ). He also taught himself how to play doggy soccer. He will hold a ball or toy in his mouth, and at the same time, push a ball around on the ground. You tell him 'hit it' and he will either use his paw or his nose to guide the ball to you.