Doggy Christmas Presents

Leah82

So for Christmas this year we'll be making Collie a snuffle mat - can't think of anything more perfect for a blind gun dog, plus maybe then he'll stop snuffling me :p

with Sarah I'm a little more stumped, she doesn't tend to remain interested in new things for very long

So hit me up with some suggestions, and what are you getting your furries this Christmas?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mochi's birthday is in 10 days. And we will be celebrating her birthday and also Christmas gathering with our group.

What will she get this year? New flavour of her birthday cake of course... :laugh: not sure whether she is lucky to have mum that bakes cakes and cookies for her (and other furry friends) :rofl:

oh and collection of toys too. Bought the Wollies Ancient dinosaurs stuffed toys few weeks ago while on special $3ea..

I'm stumped for Ernie too.

I bought him a gel cooling mat (thanks DOLers) but he will destroy most cheap doggie stocking stuffer toys and food will be gone in a flash.

I love the snuffle mat idea - it might just be simple enough for me to try it. Where would you buy the rubber mat with holes? What's it's proper name?

We got our two permanent dogs new bowls, cheapo squeaky toys, pack of treats and two new soft Frisbees

The guest dog is getting treats and rope toys (she's been gifted with new beds and outfits already this year! LOL)

and I'm also getting a HV dryer hehehe

I bought him a gel cooling mat (thanks DOLers) but he will destroy most cheap doggie stocking stuffer toys and food will be gone in a flash.

I love the snuffle mat idea - it might just be simple enough for me to try it. Where would you buy the rubber mat with holes? What's it's proper name?

Bunnings have a few of those rubber mats, here one option...

http://www.bunnings.com.au/bayliss-40-x-70cm-black-rubber-circle-mat_p4491916

Tell you what, if you want a toy that lasts for eternity have a look here.

http://www.pets1.com.au/dog/dog-toys-plush/tuffy-plush-dog-toys/

We got the goons an Octopus last year, it's been the fav all year and its suffered the elements, the dogs playing tug and Rosie determined to shred it and it doesn't have a single pulled thread. Bloody amazing! They're getting another one this year.

My Grandpuppy is getting an outside bed so he can lounge in comfort in the sun and a squeeky toy. My two are getting more squeeky toys and vegetarian pigs ears!!

My dogs love christmas :thumbsup:

http://www.pets1.com...plush-dog-toys/

We got the goons an Octopus last year, it's been the fav all year and its suffered the elements, the dogs playing tug and Rosie determined to shred it and it doesn't have a single pulled thread. Bloody amazing! They're getting another one this year.

:love: I wish I had $80 to spend on a giant dragon dog toy lol

http://www.pets1.com...plush-dog-toys/

:love: I wish I had $80 to spend on a giant dragon dog toy lol

don't worry Lisa...it's out of stock in the website...I can just admire it hahaha. I want that dragon toy too!

My lot don't play with toys so I got them Doggie yummies from the Gourmet Dog Barkery

Canine Creams post-26505-0-60011800-1449195820_thumb.png

Gingerbread Bones - Yoghurt Dipped - Pk of 8 post-26505-0-82163400-1449196134_thumb.png

Roast Turkey & Cranberry Sauce Biscuit Size: Small Bone (5-6cm) post-26505-0-39663600-1449195642_thumb.png

Yoghurt Dipped Rawhide - SMALL Carob post-26505-0-11694600-1449195956_thumb.png

Edited by Boronia

I'm going to make Tempeh a snuffle mat too and I'm going to make a special squeaky tug toy that I can use (separately) with her and Stussy. I'm thinking stuffed at one end with a couple of squeakers (attention grabbing!) and then a few chunky tugs off the bottom. Maybe a hybrid octopus type thing. Not very exciting but they don't really need anything and they've just cost me a fortune anyway so no-one is getting anything much this Christmas.

Edited by Little Gifts

Breeze just got a new bloody car so I'm not planning on Christmas presents for her. :laugh: Actually, I lie - I've already bought her several Christmas biscuits and will probably buy a squeaky toy for her to unwrap on Christmas. She's also got some pretty new bandannas. The cat might get a toy too.

Luna is getting another Tuffy toy (we have an Alien that's like an Octopus, and a shark) and they are just brilliant. Not obnoxious with the squeaking and the stuffing doesn't become available no matter how hard she tries :thumbsup:

Also going to make her a pallet bed and a new ball :)