Doggy Christmas Presents

Leah82

Wow that Snuffle mat is such a cool idea!! Can double as a cozy little bed for the crate too thumbsup1.gif

I'd like to get my dogs Vetbed for Christmas, been eyeing it off for ages and my SIL has it and it's just awesome stuff.

Those Tuffy plush dog toys look awesome! My ferals need something tough. There are toy guts all over the backyard frown.gifeek1.gif

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All the tuffy toys I like are sold out.

I know.

I think Ernie might get another Kong Knot bear. He does rip it eventually but he loves them so. And a squeaker mat and a stuffing less raccoon that he can flap about. He does love flapping. :D

A friend of mine found that dust masks like this one make good dog flap-about toys :laugh:

post-26505-0-43138900-1449277296_thumb.png

I bought this at a garage sale today for $20, it was still in the box. We assembled it and it looks a bit flash and OTT.

I don't know if I really like it :o

post-26505-0-98979400-1449283020_thumb.jpg

Edited by Boronia

All the tuffy toys I like are sold out.

I know.

I think Ernie might get another Kong Knot bear. He does rip it eventually but he loves them so. And a squeaker mat and a stuffing less raccoon that he can flap about. He does love flapping. :D

A friend of mine found that dust masks like this one make good dog flap-about toys :laugh:

post-26505-0-43138900-1449277296_thumb.png

I bought this at a garage sale today for $20, it was still in the box. We assembled it and it looks a bit flash and OTT.

I don't know if I really like it :o

post-26505-0-98979400-1449283020_thumb.jpg

I think your Pasha dog bed looks hilarious. Embrace the OTT! :D

And thanks for the hint re dust masks. I actually have surgical masks I'm supposed to wear when I go out (but don't *ahem*) so I've got some Ernie stocking stuffers, yay me!!

Edited by Stressmagnet

I'm stumped for Ernie too.

I bought him a gel cooling mat (thanks DOLers) but he will destroy most cheap doggie stocking stuffer toys and food will be gone in a flash.

I love the snuffle mat idea - it might just be simple enough for me to try it. Where would you buy the rubber mat with holes? What's it's proper name?

Tell you what, if you want a toy that lasts for eternity have a look here.

http://www.pets1.com.au/dog/dog-toys-plush/tuffy-plush-dog-toys/

We got the goons an Octopus last year, it's been the fav all year and its suffered the elements, the dogs playing tug and Rosie determined to shred it and it doesn't have a single pulled thread. Bloody amazing! They're getting another one this year.

Mine trash the tuffy toys in less than a week.

One of the border collies got a new collar, the JRT got groomed. And that's about it.

Justice wasn't going to get any toys this year as he's still got toys from last Christmas that he hasn't used and a toy box full of toys (now that he's getting older he's less interested in playing with toys unless it involves tearing them apart during tug games with his bestie.. lol) so I'm going to cook him a roast turkey and vegetables with gravy on Boxing Day as his present. I may however have to make him a Snuffle Mat as he'd LOVE that, being as enthusiastic as ever about food. I bookmarked a link on how to make them when it was posted a while ago by someone and hadn't looked in to where to get the rubber mat from yet but now I've got no excuses!

I was going to Mitre 10 to get a rubber mat tomorrow but today, realised I have several partly chewed rubber camping mats (the ones with the big holes that interlock). So I grabbed the best looking one and cut all the chewed bits off, curved the corners and gave it a wash so I can start adding the fleece tomorrow once it's dry (got loads of scraps for that task!). I figured the camp mats would be a lot lighter than the heavy rubber ones and of course I already have it on hand so the entire project will be free for me to make. They look pretty simple to make but apparently can take a while to do.

I made my snuffle mat this morning. Made the strips 3cm wide x 30cm long. Gosh it takes a lot of strips - about 150! I cheated a bit and used leftover striped fabric so I didn't have to mark it all for cutting. The only thing about the camp mats is I think the holes are bigger or more spaced apart so besides knotting horizontally and vertically I also did it diagonally because it seemed a bit too sparse. The real test is seeing if Tempeh will use it. She still can't understand why I would want to put perfectly good kibble anywhere other than her bowl!

post-33739-0-74713400-1449376141_thumb.jpg

Guest crazydoglady99

Looks fantastic LG. Must have taken a while to thread all that fabric!

This might be a blonde question..

But what do you do with a snuffle mat? Hide food on there?

My girl loves chewing off little tags/tails/ears etc from toys. Maybe she'd like a snuffle mat!

Edited by crazydoglady99

Luna is getting another Tuffy toy (we have an Alien that's like an Octopus, and a shark) and they are just brilliant. Not obnoxious with the squeaking and the stuffing doesn't become available no matter how hard she tries :thumbsup:

Also going to make her a pallet bed and a new ball :)

she isn't trying hard enough, my little ripper managed to pull the stuffing out through the alien octos mouth in the time it took me to put the camera away!

I havent thought of xmas gifts for the dogs yet, the snuffle mat looks like fun though!

Looks fantastic LG. Must have taken a while to thread all that fabric!

This might be a blonde question..

But what do you do with a snuffle mat? Hide food on there?

My girl loves chewing off little tags/tails/ears etc from toys. Maybe she'd like a snuffle mat!

Thanks for that animallover99 - I was wondering why a snuffle mat was!

Well you're all a pack of enablers, that's all I can say :laugh: He always gets squeaky balls from the $2 shop (which he destroys in seconds) but he gets those pretty well every week, so now he's getting an extra special present - a cool mat is on it's way for my old boy.

Its hard in this house because Gilly was once traumatised by a whole doggy class squeaking their toys at once, so now we cant have them. He just gets this terrified look and runs and hides when he hears them. He doesn't run from mice or rats though. I need a good strong retractable lead for Cedro, can anyone tell me of a good one?

Are they suitable for hounds?

Its hard in this house because Gilly was once traumatised by a whole doggy class squeaking their toys at once, so now we cant have them. He just gets this terrified look and runs and hides when he hears them. He doesn't run from mice or rats though. I need a good strong retractable lead for Cedro, can anyone tell me of a good one?

Are they suitable for hounds?

Have a look at the long lines K9pro sell, they're much sturdier and safer than retractable leads, like this, you choose the length http://k9pro.com.au/gripper-long-line-10m-x-16mm/