Tell Me About Cushings

gillybob

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She is still at the vets I was hoping she could come home today. They did her calcium tests again today and they have gone down a bit but others have gone up. Vet said normally these levels don't go up and down so fast. She still hasn't eaten but is drinking and weeing so that's good. I am going down to see her tomorrow just so I can see for myself how she is and make up my mind what to do. I feel so exhausted I miss her to bits and Cedro is pacing the hall waiting for her. he has never been away from her, he is her son. Ill make this my last up date unless something miraculous happens.

I went to visit Anna today and she is feeling much better, she wagged at me and wanted out of the crate. She ate some food last night, not a lot but some is ok, she is still on the drip but she looked so much happier.

I am waiting to see what the vet says, Im hoping she can come home today and we will go day to day from here.

Just to see her with some spark lifted my heart. It was wonderful.

I think he was glad to hear her sing because yesterday she couldn't. Yep who knows how long Ill have her for but I will make it a good time and love her to bits. Cedro has been really down since mum went away he will be happy as well. We will have a happy house again.

• 3 weeks later...

So over two weeks and she is on steroids and bouncing off the walls, really back to her real self, her back legs are a bit wonky and her bark is going but she Is so much happier. I tried cutting her steroids down to one every two days and she went down hill fast, so its one a day and live everyday at a time.

She is eating everything in sight as well but isn't putting any weight on.

I thought you all would like to know its goodish news for now. :)

• 2 months later...

Anna has been up and down in the last few months, but now she is showing signs of dementia and her tummy is very swollen. So I made an appointment for her at the vets for tomorrow. She has been giving me that look for the last few days and has been removing herself from the other dogs for a few weeks now. So its her time. I promised her I wouldn't let her suffer, so tomorrow is my last day with her. I love her so much and it isn't fair, Ive only had her for under three years. I was looking forward to having her grow old gently with me. But that is not to be.