Recommendations For Pet Insurance

nazzri

Hi guys,

My puppies free 6 week dog insurance is coming to an end, and im still not sure what company to go with. I was set on petplan because they have 100% money back not 80% like most others, but ive read that they randomly up the premiums up a lot, so am not really sure!

Thanks and looking forward to your recommendations

My premiums have only gone up a few dollars per month, for the last 2 years. (Despite claims). I still prefer petplan for their covered for life policy.

Though I've been told pia now offer that too?

We have 8 dogs insured through petplan and will always go with them. We also have a few through bow wow meow and PIA and their communication skills are severely lacking (all those companies are under the same banner of petsure). Petplan has covered close to $10k over the last 12months with no questions asked, just a check in the mail a few days later.

Our premiums have only gone up by a few dollars each year. You will find that all insurance companies have (including car, house etc). Petplan did a big reshuffle about 18months ago and some breeds became much more expensive (border collies stayed about the same thank god). Maybe that is what you are thinking of? That doesn't happen all the time though, just when they changed their policy structure. What you see is what you get now, it shouldn't change drastically in the near future.

I would recommend Petplan too, it is a little on the expensive side but well worth it for me as I have a GSD with quite a few problems, the main ones being EPI and elbow dysplasia and they covered both of these, as well as other things such as ear, skin and eye infections.

Annual increases are reasonable, I just got my renewal and the premium has gone up about $80 from last year but I pay monthly and that worked out to about $7 a month.

When you lodge a claim, they text to say they have received it and then pay fairly promptly by cheque. And they pay 100% of the amount claimed, less a once off annual excess of $150 for each condition.