Agility Pics

Spoony

Last Saturday I was both a competitor with Striker and photographer for the final Agility comp of the year a Brisbane Agility Clubs grounds.

It was such a fun day, Striker managed a second place in his second ever comp and a clear round too. :)

I am loving the Autofocus ability and low light performance on the new toy (D750). The night shots are all at 1/800th and ISO 8000 .

23570676961_4fe1b90cea_b.jpgDSC_3824.jpg by Dan P, on Flickr

23570786401_b1e4b404e9_b.jpgDSC_5936.jpg by Dan P, on Flickr

23026134663_5c319cbc30_b.jpgDSC_5929.jpg by Dan P, on Flickr

23653154445_5e357c9e5d_b.jpgDSC_5315.jpg by Dan P, on Flickr

23285196549_573d5440a7_b.jpgDSCF5961.jpg by Dan P, on Flickr

23357471690_75af15f40b_b.jpgDSC_5132.jpg by Dan P, on Flickr

23026069133_c4e82cb311_b.jpgDSC_4597.jpg by Dan P, on Flickr

23653113055_b63b0a53e3_b.jpgDSC_3937.jpg by Dan P, on Flickr

23026079863_5c80950422_b.jpgDSC_4613.jpg by Dan P, on Flickr

yeah I know Denise and Trek...

Frosty embarrassed me at an SG seminar - she'd spent the previous two days stuffing herself on my cousins' dog and cat food even tho I asked him not to free feed while she was there...

So then when it was our turn to handle - she wouldn't move. I thought it was the heat and then I discovered what she'd been doing...

ARGH.

Frosty liked Trek WAY TOO MUCH - to the point where I couldn't let her say hello because he looked just like one of her best friends - and he didn't recognise her - so she got upset. And Denise helped me when I was erm humiliated by the evil hound. She is the best and so humble herself. :) And Trek was Susan's super dog. Really helped out on the demos.

Frosty is about 3kg lighter and much more responsive to training now :)

I'm always amazed at just how far dogs take off for the jump. I love the crazy eyes looking straight at the camera, you can just about see the adrenalin flowing through that dog, and the kelpie who looks like it's on a catwalk. Great photos, all of them, you really captured the mood.

Awesome, small world!

Haha yeah Trek is a bit like my boy, not all that interested in super super friendly dogs. His so cool though, Denise let me run him around a little course once :)

he ran really nicely for SG. And a couple of other people. Denise did offer for me to try but I wasn't confident enough about my signals, and I didn't think it was fair to untrain him. Tho Denise had some unco moves of her own that she was working through and Trek was very forgiving. I think that's why he was so fantastic. Ie "Oh you didn't mean to do that, try again? No wurries."

Where as my dog - yells at me when I stuff up. Cos we stop while I figure out how to do it properly.

^ haha, yes, some dogs start jumping so far our with massive distance.

trifecta, I would certainly recommend the D750. For the money, at the moment I don't think there is another body that offers such a balance of 'do it all' abilities combined with top IQ and low light performance.

• 1 month later...