52/2016

trifecta

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is it too late for me to join in please? ????

No! Latecomers more than :welcome:

Just wanted to say I look at all the photos, follow the links to Flickr et al and avidly read any advice given.... I may not comment but really appreciate the time people put in to participate in our thread for 2016 :rock:

Just an update on the Peterson book - The 4th edition will be out in March. I think I'll wait til then - and either try and pick up the older one for cheap or get the new one.

They're very reasonably priced on amazon - for those of you who own it how do you think it would hold up on a kindle? (noting I already read text books on my kindle)

http://www.amazon.com/Understanding-Exposure-Fourth-Photographs-Camera-ebook/dp/B0104EOJSK/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1452753452&sr=1-2&keywords=understanding+exposure

16 is a great age Deltacharlie

Sure is :) She is going pretty well considering. Still has the border collies under control haha. Although I nearly lost her to a bone that got caught in her throat yesterday... That was scary and no more bones for her!

Glad she is OK. I had to pull a pigs ear out from Tillys throat years ago and I haven't fed them to my dogs since

Love the emotion in that shot Huga.

Thanks Snook, it is very much trial and error with the panning shots. Thank goodness for digital cameras :) Love the long exposure though, great leading lines with the jetty and love the soft colours

I took Jenna to the beach today and was hoping to get some action shots but she was not cooperating. I did take some of my daughter though. So here is my second photo of the year. This was just before the rain came this afternoon and we had to hurry back to the car.

02/16

24025725139_0cc35b0302_c.jpgIMG_3162 by Tee Kay, on Flickr

2/52Very similar to 1/52, but how could I resist?

Gawd - that makes my heart and ovaries ache. So much love between a boy and his dog.

That's so very adorable, huga. :)2/52Trying my hand at some long exposure work during the sunset at Grange last night. This was my longest exposure at 1 minute 25 seconds but I'd love to get another ND filter to stack on top of the one I've got and try some super long exposures and day time long exposures. I also tried to copy Teekay's stunning panning work but it was a major flop.. lol.

Very nice too. I also really love that strong horizon line. I tried Teekays work too - LOL - I don't know what I was expecting out of my little old canon ... but ya know. Gave it a crack.

I took Jenna to the beach today and was hoping to get some action shots but she was not cooperating. I did take some of my daughter though.

At least someone was cooperating.

We are a long time Mac family and what keeps me coming back is the user interface and longevity. Just bought a new laptop - not cheap BUT the last one went for 10 years with only a new battery needed. Same with the iPhone and iPad - I don't replace them until the new technology and speed is just too tempting. On my 2nd iPhone and 1st iPad - the latter is about 3-4 years old, travelled all over Australia and the world and is still quick and fantastic to use.

OMH - Gapvic - I seriously love this. I hope you make it through the whole challenge - this is awesome.

2/52

I moved two Bromeliads a couple of months ago and one likes its new abode.

e1478c6c-f68b-4557-a678-0a3d244f9e5e_zpscrlgqitg.jpg

Im using a work laptop at the moment and this photo straight from Photobucket appears HUGE! I'm normally on my phone so don't see this side of things.

Is there a recommended size for posting or does anything go?

Edited by Roova

Just popped in to catch up with everyone's pics..... and WOW!

So many different subjects!

Have to say you will have some lovely memories with your poignant shots of Lola, huga; and Snook, I love the colours of your long exposure. RRPS, Rosie looks like a little sweetie & I love how she blends in with the timber!

As for gapvic? Well, you're a marvel yourself! Mainly because you have no tangleweeds of dog hair rolling across the floor! Just kidding :provoke:, I eagerly await the life and times of Marvellous!

Just popped in to catch up with everyone's pics..... and WOW!

So many different subjects!

Have to say you will have some lovely memories with your poignant shots of Lola, huga; and Snook, I love the colours of your long exposure. RRPS, Rosie looks like a little sweetie & I love how she blends in with the timber!

As for gapvic? Well, you're a marvel yourself! Mainly because you have no tangleweeds of dog hair rolling across the floor! Just kidding :provoke:, I eagerly await the life and times of Marvellous!

hahahah Trifecta, that's not actually my floor! We went down to Timboon late last week to collect a new addition to the family (Kevin the Chi Hua Hua lol) and spent the night in an airbnb place. I thought ooooooh, clean floor! Ideal for Marvellous photo! Roomba does a good job on my floor but it is still, inevitably, covered in dog hair, dust and dead spiders.

2/56

Go on, give us a kiss. You know you want to.

_DSC1221A-M.jpg

And with that the shutter on my lovely little mirrorless SonyMinolta died. Now the agonising decision of get it fixed, or just use the Nikon which is a bit heavy to carry around, or actually try to use the camera phone for a decent result.

Edit to add: Gapvic, this is one of the two blokes I ended up with when I thought your fellow was just too big for me. It backfired somewhat as I took them on through a Standardbred Rehome (Hero - not rescue) sight-unseen said to be no more than 14.2 - and of course they are no more than 15.2 and not much less either. Oh well, I'll just have to develop muscles to get the gear up there.

He looks lovely PC! My big bloke is still looking for a home.... we've had no takers whatsoever. Poor old standardbreds.