52/2016

trifecta

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Love the light, gapvic, & cute little wren, Cat!

3/52

This is the view from our property, it is forever changing and I never get sick of studying the light. I haven't really done it justice, but I will have another go another time!

Oh - you've helped me make up my mind. I have a similar shot for this week :) but was agonising over which one ...

Beautiful work all over - and it's only week 3. Gapvic how did you source the amazing mouse, did you visualise how evocative it can make an already well crafted shot?

Cat's baby wren, gorgeous, and Trifecta I so envy you the turbines - I love images of them. We almost had them close by, but so much local uproar that they've been cancelled. Very disappointed in people.

Sweep's portrait is lovely DC, more fingers crossed for you.

Beautiful work all over - and it's only week 3. Gapvic how did you source the amazing mouse, did you visualise how evocative it can make an already well crafted shot?

Cat's baby wren, gorgeous, and Trifecta I so envy you the turbines - I love images of them. We almost had them close by, but so much local uproar that they've been cancelled. Very disappointed in people.

Sweep's portrait is lovely DC, more fingers crossed for you.

Thanks everyone!

PC, she came from here :D

gapvic, you may have to start a seperate thread for Marvellous so that we can keep track of her journey more easily :D

Then send a link to the shop owners.... I am sure they would be thrilled to read about the cult following of their little mouse :cheer:

gapvic, you may have to start a seperate thread for Marvellous so that we can keep track of her journey more easily :D

Then send a link to the shop owners.... I am sure they would be thrilled to read about the cult following of their little mouse :cheer:

I'm going to sound like a stalker - but Marvellous has her own album on facebook - she popped up today. I've obviously followed Gapvic to her photography page at some stage. :)

Is it silent when you're close or can you hear a whistling sound?

They must have cleared those hills to place the turbines (or whatever those things are called). I guess something has to give to not use power?

They must have cleared those hills to place the turbines (or whatever those things are called). I guess something has to give to not use power?

Um. I've never heard them - but I've not gotten super close - you can get closer but we had Scottie with us and you have to walk up through some department of Conservation land (national park) so that was a no go.

I think they look a lot better than an open cut ;) Don't know if the hills were cleared for them - I'd have to google.

Edit:

http://www.windenergy.org.nz/te-apiti-wind-farm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Te_Apiti_Wind_Farm

Edited by Scottsmum

The turbines in Scottsmum's photograph look to be above the main tree line, likewise the ones that march across the NSW Southern Tablelands, where it is too exposed and windy for most trees to thrive. When you get within one or two kilometres of them and there are light winds they make a rhythmic noise like a washing machine drum turning on a wash cycle. When it is windy you actually have to get within a couple of hundred metres to hear them as the wind makes more noise than the turbines.

Edited by trifecta

I'm going to sound like a stalker - but Marvellous has her own album on facebook - she popped up today. I've obviously followed Gapvic to her photography page at some stage. :)

Lol she does! Tis here :o

The turbines in Scottsmum's photograph look to be above the main tree line, likewise the ones that march across the NSW Southern Tablelands, where it is too exposed and windy for most trees to thrive. When you get within one or two kilometres of them and there are light winds they make a rhythmic noise like a washing machine drum turning on a wash cycle. When it is windy you actually have to get within a couple of hundred metres to hear them as the wind makes more noise than the turbines.

Hubby and I reckon that if the hills were cleared - they probably would have been cleared well before the turbines.

Edit:

http://www.windenergy.org.nz/te-apiti-wind-farm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Te_Apiti_Wind_Farm

Edited by Scottsmum